Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drum or sectional?

Yea it will...Come Roundup time drum machines win
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

will not!
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

the open wind sectional design will clean a drain much better than a tight close wound cable.

very simple, try using a straight cable with no cutter on either machine and see what line is cleaner. the open wind acts as an auger and will grab and funnel the debris/ roots onto the cable.

the proof is in the fact that the sectional will have roots and muck along its entire length, while the drum tends to have it at the front.

if you want simple, go drum.

if you want the ultimate cleaning machine, go sectional.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

If you want the ultimate cleaning machine, forget cables and get a jetter.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'm slowly thinking about letting my machines rust, let them be memories here soon

Who?! Who said that?!
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              If you want the ultimate cleaning machine, forget cables and get a jetter.

Definitely
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

I have used ever kind, of sewer cleaner out there from a flat tape in LOUISIANA roots,

to all over SO. CALIF. with 10 differnt types of drum machines,
                including a spartan 300 with 150' of 5/8" cable to clear 6" sewer mains with roots ever 6'
                and a spartan 1065 with 3/4" cable up to 380'
                in a 6" main line to clear a blockadge,

i have run drums in NO. IDAHO, SPOKANE WA.
                and over the western WASHINGTON area
                till now in NO. UTAH. i have run one sectional
                that was a bigger pain the ***,
                then any 2 drum jobs i have done ! !

just my opinon

jerrymac
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  the open wind sectional design will clean a drain much better than a tight close wound cable.

very simple, try using a straight cable with no cutter on either machine and see what line is cleaner. the open wind acts as an auger and will grab and funnel the debris/ roots onto the cable.

the proof is in the fact that the sectional will have roots and muck along its entire length, while the drum tends to have it at the front.

if you want simple, go drum.

if you want the ultimate cleaning machine, go sectional.

rick.
                  You keep saying things like PROOF and FACT

The only fact is you have no proof

I on the other hand, have PROOF

Comment

just because i don't post pictures of everything, doesn't mean i don't have first hand knowledge.

i would think that retiring 8 drum machines tells me something.

from your photo, all you have is a string of roots on the first 4' of cable.

nothing like having roots on 15' sections of cable after cable.

can your 3/4'' machine clear and pull back root from 2'' roof vent like my 7/8'' cable can no

do a simple test and run you cable through some ivy without a head. see how much you rip out. i already know my 7/8'' will clear the path along the entire cable.

tell you what, i'll trade you a brand new k-750 for a brand new k-60.

i'll even take the loss in price as the 750 is more expensive than the k-60.

maybe we can set up a test field at the roundup to prove my point.

i know i'm not the only one that knows this. mark too has stated the sectionals clean the pipe better.

drums are faster right out of the truck, but not every stoppage is right out of the truck

considering you have never had a demo of a k-60, i would say you have no way of knowing the advantages of a sectional. proof

on the other hand, i have plenty of sectionals and plenty of drums. the drums are sitting at my shop

and the sectionals are earning their keep in my truck

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

There is no advantages other then the K-60 is smaller and could be used in or on places that I would have to use one of my other smaller drum machines. That's it`s! Having to snap cables together just doesn't appeal to me damn sure not up on a 7/12 roof. The mess you make with cables and the damage to carpet and walls just wouldn't set well with the homes I work in. I know as there are a few sectional machines around town. My costumers always comment on the differences between their machines and mine and the mess factor left behind.
                      I have a few places I could use a K-60 but in no way could I use it everyday like I do my K-7500.

I dont want a 750 rick, why would I step down from the 7500?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        just because i don't post pictures of everything, doesn't mean i don't have first hand knowledge.

i would think that retiring 8 drum machines tells me something.

from your photo, all you have is a string of roots on the first 4' of cable.

nothing like having roots on 15' sections of cable after cable.

can your 3/4'' machine clear and pull back root from 2'' roof vent like my 7/8'' cable can no

do a simple test and run you cable through some ivy without a head. see how much you rip out. i already know my 7/8'' will clear the path along the entire cable.

tell you what, i'll trade you a brand new k-750 for a brand new k-60. Aren't you suppose to buy greg's k-60 first?

i'll even take the loss in price as the 750 is more expensive than the k-60.

maybe we can set up a test field at the roundup to prove my point.

i know i'm not the only one that knows this. mark too has stated the sectionals clean the pipe better.

drums are faster right out of the truck, but not every stoppage is right out of the truck

considering you have never had a demo of a k-60, i would say you have no way of knowing the advantages of a sectional. proof

on the other hand, i have plenty of sectionals and plenty of drums. the drums are sitting at my shop

and the sectionals are earning their keep in my truck

rick.

Comment

greg is not interested in parting with his k-60. he's just playing with me.

don't make me pull up some private messages

greg should be team jetter.

i'll take team sectional

all clear will team dumb team drum

lets see who is going to put their name on each team

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Team sectional.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Because Greg currently owns both a sectional machine and a drum machine I give his opinion the same weight as Rick's opinions. Those that only have one or the other are less credible as it's hard to tell if it is lack of funding or choice of machine. I happen to believe there is room and a need for both machines on a service truck.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                Because Greg currently owns both a sectional machine and a drum machine I give his opinion the same weight as Rick's opinions. Those that only have one or the other are less credible as it's hard to tell if it is lack of funding or choice of machine. I happen to believe there is room and a need for both machines on a service truck.

Mark

Well thank you Mark. I was actually trained on sectionals 13yrs ago. Used them everyday for 7yrs. Then switched to drums just because the company i went to only had drums. I prefer drums over sectional, BUT there are jobs that you need sectionals that a drum cannot handle. I play alot on here about drum vs. sectionals, but i will use both with no problem.

I just sold my eel not to long ago, because of the 2nd jetter. Im truley a jet man, i love the jet and if i could i would use it on every job.

So, Im team Jetter

Comment

Working...
                                X