Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why just one machine?

I gotta ask
    How many screwdrivers are in your tool box/bag/bucket?
    How many pipe wrenches do you own
    How many open and boxed end wrenches do you own
    You get the idea I hope???

Now why would you only own one sewer machine and call yourself a pro?

I mean, come on really , you owe it to yourself and your costumers to have the right tools to complete the job in a timely manner. Why would you try to do a 100` main line with a K-60 when there is a C/O just outside the home in the yard when you know a drum machine would do it in 1/2 the time? (NOT PCKING ON THE K-60) Why would you try to clean a 1 1/2 sink drain with a K-60 when you could use a top snake in 1/2 the time?
    The reason I ask is because I see a lot of new member asking questions and the only thing they are getting told is K-60, K-60, K-60 when we know it takes more tools then just one tool.
    It would be like a doctor only having one knife, just because he can do the job with it doesn't make it the right tool for every job.

The K-60 has it`s places just like all other machines. I don't own one and not because I haven't tried to buy one either but I have one machine for every job that I come a crossed. If you are gonna call yourself a professional you have to fill your tool box with many different tools to complete the job in the correct pro manner expected.
    If your a pro you will have many tools to complete manny jobs
    if you dont, your just a hack
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Why just one machine?

the k-60 is the best machine for a person just getting started out in drain cleaning.

show me any other machine that will let you throughly clean any pipe from 1.5''-6''.

it takes up very little room and can be operated very easily from a roof top to a crawl space.

from what i have been seeing lately on the forum, the k-60 has been a big hit with the forum members.

need i share my private message box with you

remember the roundup was hyped based on the sectional vrs. drum.

if you wait till the roundup, i will personally give you a demo that you haven't been able to get. i'm sure ben and aaron will be willing to help and mark will take the photos to haunt you for years to come plus he is the k-50 guru.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I own 3 screwdrivers but own 6 drain machines. My reason for the k60 is space and weight. I don't have lots of room so it fits my needs perfectly. Even if I had the room, a k60 would still be my primary machine.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ok Rick
        I just got back from getting a chunk of metal punched through a 4" main line. 3" cutter wouldnt do it, retriever broke chunks off but couldnt move it. I took a 2" cutter and got it hooked and shoved it down to the city main then reversed it off the cutter setting it free. Lets see ya do that with a K-60

Comment

When you guys are here I am going to have you guys give a little presentation and tips and tricks on the k60 and the k7500

let the crowd decide

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            When you guys are here I am going to have you guys give a little presentation and tips and tricks on the k60 and the k7500

let the crowd decide
            You mean you aren't just going to print the posts for them to sign?

We have to hear it all over again I think I can even tell you now

AllClear-just for the record. I can attest to the fact that Rick does not have just one of anything
            Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 04-11-2008, 02:25 PM.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I know but he wants us to think so

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

AllClear-just for the record. I can attest to the fact that Rick does not have just one of anything
                does that go for 1 wife too

i know i don't need a second one

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  does that go for 1 wife too

i know i don't need a second one

rick.
                  You couldn't handle a second one
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    You couldn't handle a second one
                    Not to mention where in the World would he ever find a second woman willing to put up with him?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have an electric 1500psi @ 8 ltr/min, gas 4000psi @ 21ltr/min, gas 3000psi @ 50ltr/min and a diesel hot water jetter 4000psi @ 21ltr/min. Before all that I had a Ridgid K1500B cable eel.
                      Jetting for the last 10 years and never touched the K1500B. There isn`t a drain I`ll ever cable again. I can cover drains from 2" to 15"

Why just one machine? Not me. I`ve got them all covered.

Last edited by Root Ranger; 04-12-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

let the crowd decide
                        any chance of getting a bunch of this video taped and either putting it up on utube or on the site here somewhere? offering it for sale?

it would be a grat training aid

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X