X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clogged down leaders laterals

Have a neighbor with an old loaded up orangeburg drain line 4" . I don't have a jetter. How about My general maxi rooter? If so what cutters work best for dirt in line? Also I have a 2700 lb. power washer. thanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: clogged down leaders laterals

tool,

First you need to know why there is dirt in the line(if there really is). If the dirt is from a break or separation you need to do a repair.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would say a cutter on the back of a Backhoe! Orangeburg has a habit of softening on the bottom and then it will start to curl up and close off the pipe. Most times when we run into Orangeburg we cant get a cutter through because of the pipe collapsing and has to be excavated.
      ________
      BONG REVIEWS
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:57 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
        I would say a cutter on the back of a Backhoe! Orangeburg has a habit of softening on the bottom and then it will start to curl up and close off the pipe. Most times when we run into Orangeburg we cant get a cutter through because of the pipe collapsing and has to be excavated.

if there is dirt in-line sub out a jetter and camera drainman and locate where breakage in and submit a repair bid........thats what i would do if i didnt have a camera or jettter...this is if your customer wants the problem fixxed correctly!!.....if he is a boot-leg type gut he may just want you to snake it out with hot water running and finish it off with a 4'' blowbag attached to a water hose......but like i said if it was me, i am more interested in fixxing it correctly..

Comment

I wouldn't just repair where the break is, I would suggest replacing all of the orangeburg.

Don't you waste your time/money on a camera and locate, it's orangeburg, even if it's not messed up now, it's only a matter of time.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            I wouldn't just repair where the break is, I would suggest replacing all of the orangeburg.

Don't you waste your time/money on a camera and locate, it's orangeburg, even if it's not messed up now, it's only a matter of time.

EVERY CONTRACTOR would luv to replace the WHOLE LINE...but i allways give the customer OPTIONS!!!!!......instead of bullying them to replace the whole thing.....thats why you CAMERA it first, THEN make a wise decision on what do to.....that is if you do OWN a camera and locator.

Comment

It's orangeburg pipe, replacing the line is for their own good.

I bet the customer would be pretty pissed ripping up their yard twice, a year or two after the 'repair' was completed.

Touching Orangeburg is like tie-ing into Quest.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

find and discuss options based on location of problem and severity and monetary value of and job and finally {whew] customers financial ability to pay for recommendations, regarding orangeburg pipe its usually not good. important to find reputable company to help out. good luck.

Comment

thanks', All good advice . Here's the deal they're a wonderful young family, my wife and I met on our nitely walk. He uncovered the pipe and was pecking away when we met. If I see a good human being,I usually help if I can. And yes ,I have a backhoe. I'll make a cut in the pipe try blow bag ,maybe many lengths of extra line from My pressure washer next. I'm guessing a ditch witch and sdr 35 is the fix. I'll direct this young father. It's all bread on the water thanks' Tool Ps My hoe is 16,000 lbs., destroys landscaping !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It's orangeburg pipe, replacing the line is for their own good.

I bet the customer would be pretty pissed ripping up their yard twice, a year or two after the 'repair' was completed.

Touching Orangeburg is like tie-ing into Quest.
                    Watch the general theories Aaron. My Orangeburg is 40-years old and clean as a whistle. When I am ready to replace my driveway ($18,000) I will replace my lateral but not before.

Mark

Comment

Mark, I was implying once there's a problem, and you touch it, it's like tie-ing into Quest.

I didn't say anything about older lines that weren't having any problems.
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Mark, I was implying once there's a problem, and you touch it, it's like tie-ing into Quest.

I didn't say anything about older lines that weren't having any problems.
                        I understand what you meant but consider I have been having a problem with the first 20-feet of my lateral. That 20-feet is under landscape and has a 2" kitchen line tying into it. When one of my old plumbers stopped by to visit one day he and my middle son decided to change the lateral. I stopped them at the driveway because I am just too cheap to spend an extra $18,000 if I don't have to.

What seems good for the customer may not always be what is good for the customer. That's why our job is to educate them to make the choice which is best for them.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X