Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

clean outs

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clean outs

    I have two clean outs in front of my home,I live in one of those new cookie cutter homes and my question is can i access those too unclog my lines or still have too use vents on my tiled roof?

  • #2
    Re: clean outs

    The cleanouts in front of your home are for the sewer lateral.
    (The main drain where everything goes out from your house.) So if you have a main blockage where everything is backed up then yes, access it from there.

    If you have a blockage on a single fixture (like a kitchen sink), then access it from under the sink or whatever fixture it is.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: clean outs

      Originally posted by loudog39 View Post
      I have two clean outs in front of my home,I live in one of those new cookie cutter homes and my question is can i access those too unclog my lines or still have too use vents on my tiled roof?
      If installed properly the cleanout closest to the street heads back under the house and the one closest to the house heads out to the street. If your stoppage is in the main line of the house or in your lateral you can use the cleanouts in front of your house. If a branch drain is clogged you would snake from the fixture. There shouldn't be any reason for you to go on your roof to clear a drain.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: clean outs

        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        If installed properly the cleanout closest to the street heads back under the house and the one closest to the house heads out to the street. If your stoppage is in the main line of the house or in your lateral you can use the cleanouts in front of your house. If a branch drain is clogged you would snake from the fixture. There shouldn't be any reason for you to go on your roof to clear a drain.

        Mark
        but if you do, take the k-50 or k-60

        cause the k-7500 won't do it

        especially with 2'' vent lines.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: clean outs



          How do ya like me now Rick
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-14-2008, 09:57 PM.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: clean outs

            I'm going to start calling the two of you John and Max from grumpy old men.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: clean outs

              Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post


              How do ya like me now Rick
              not sure if this means you bought a k-60

              or your little monkey is pissed off, cause you know the k-60 is the tool of choice

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: clean outs

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I'm going to start calling the two of you John and Max from grumpy old men.
                yea but the cool part is after all the BS is over we can still have a beer together
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: clean outs

                  Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  yea but the cool part is after all the BS is over we can still have a beer together
                  No you can't as Rick doesn't drink. I can't imagine Rick with an induced buzz.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: clean outs

                    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    yea but the cool part is after all the BS is over we can still have a beer together
                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    No you can't as Rick doesn't drink. I can't imagine Rick with an induced buzz.

                    Mark
                    Steve, Mark is right. Rick's will have to be a rootbeer

                    I am glad you are having as much fun with this as he is. In fact, I think I owe you a beer for listening and responding to him. . . so I don't have to
                    I love my plumber

                    "My Hero"

                    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: clean outs

                      Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      No you can't as Rick doesn't drink. I can't imagine Rick with an induced buzz.

                      Mark

                      all of our get togethers, none of us drank.

                      and plumbercrack/ bill ate my cherry at the last one

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: clean outs

                        awsome answers! thxs!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: clean outs

                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          all of our get togethers, none of us drank.

                          and plumbercrack/ bill ate my cherry at the last one

                          rick.
                          Plumbers that dont drink?????
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: clean outs

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            all of our get togethers, none of us drank.

                            and plumbercrack/ bill ate my cherry at the last one

                            rick.
                            I lost the Lightning Round so I was forced to do tricks at the dinner table


                            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            Plumbers that dont drink?????
                            I had to sneak a glass of LBV port when no one was looking

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X