X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General expanding cutter

Saw a general 3 bladed expanding cutter for 3-6" pipe. Anybody have any experience with these?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: General expanding cutter

marco makes a 3 bladed expanding cutter.

#309 3''-8''

and an expanding 3 blade lime cutter code #8633

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I just mentioned this head in another thread.
      I had one break apart in a lateral. Partially due to its age and what I feel was a design flaw(weak spot). After it broke I vowed to never use one again, But at the Pumper show I saw their newer design and its much more to my liking and I have one on order.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Rick,
        Where are you finding your Marco part #'s etc.?
        I've checked their web site but they don't list anything.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Marco is a local company for us. It's probably 10-miles from me and 20-miles from Rick.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Rick,
            Where are you finding your Marco part #'s etc.?
            I've checked their web site but they don't list anything.
            gene, at one time marco use to display at the local trade shows.

when they did, i picked up their mini catalog.
            the one i'm quoting from is june 1994. so the prices are stale, but the part #'s should still be good or at least good enough for a description.

i haven't seen them at the local trade show since their disastrous demo of a combination snake/ jetter

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

The only guy I have ever met who takes Marco seriously is Steve. Even then he has to modify his to make them work for him. It seems Marco caters more to Handymen and Property Management.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                The only guy I have ever met who takes Marco seriously is Steve. Even then he has to modify his to make them work for him. It seems Marco caters more to Handymen and Property Management.

Mark
                that would be "my buddy steve" not all clear steve.

he has reworked the jaw assy and actually had new jaws machined by our buddy who can make anything.

so many of the factory parts are discontinued that you need to make your own stuff. plus the new jaws steve had made are much better than the factory jaws.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I just mentioned this head in another thread.
                  I had one break apart in a lateral. Partially due to its age and what I feel was a design flaw(weak spot). After it broke I vowed to never use one again, But at the Pumper show I saw their newer design and its much more to my liking and I have one on order.
                  Could you post pics of the old head and new head for comparsion?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Can't post a pic as I don't have the new one yet.
                    The older one i had is more like the one on the left, the blades were just curved.
                    The one on the right is more like the new one, blades have more of an hour glass shape.

The real difference though is how the blades attach to the mount/base or whatever you want to call it.

Comment

oops, forgot the insert. here it is. Actual head has three blades.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have the General 3"-6" cutter, I try not to use it but I have this one house that needs it, But I use it after I have already cleared most of the roots with my 4" cutter then send it in a a final clean. So far it shows no sign of wear and I have used it 8 or 9 times.
                        Bryce
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                        X