X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter damaging PVC Pipes

I recently did a blockage on a shower trap and we found soil and screenings in the line.
    This was confirmed by camera though didnt make a video.
    Any way the builder I was working for had to get the concrete dug up tunnelled in from the adjoining room.
    He also got another plumber with a camera and a number of photos were taken.
    The builder now claims that I broke the 50mm pvc pipe with my water jetter (3000psi mini whip hose).
    So has any one heard of water jetter breaking pipe because I dont believe it would be possible.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: Jetter damaging PVC Pipes

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
    I recently did a blockage on a shower trap and we found soil and screenings in the line.
    This was confirmed by camera though didnt make a video.
    Any way the builder I was working for had to get the concrete dug up tunnelled in from the adjoining room.
    He also got another plumber with a camera and a number of photos were taken.
    The builder now claims that I broke the 50mm pvc pipe with my water jetter (3000psi mini whip hose).
    So has any one heard of water jetter breaking pipe because I dont believe it would be possible.
    Regards
    Greg
    I have never (knock on wood), but im sure it could happen. Bad joints and the jetter gets stuck, things to that nature. I could see a jetter breaking a shower trap though if forced hard enough.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

i rarely go through traps with my jetter. i know my braided stainless hose will mark/wear the pipe at the changes of direction, just like a rotating cable does. look at all the scars at clean out openings.

is it the hose or the jet that he claims damaged the pipe?

why not set up a piece of 2'' pipe and trap outside and attempt to duplicate the damage. i doubt that it will get damaged. do this test, then show the builder the same test. also lets see the damaged pipe and trap they removed.

i think they are trying to point the blame and are looking for a fall guy.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

its nice to know they play the blame game 1/2 a world away as rick said make em prove it, and if by some chance you did do it own up to it if not stick to your guns ,good luck

Comment

Don't feel bad, I just got done replacing a 1 1/2 drain line to a sink. The owner said I drilled a hole in her rotten 25 year old copper 90 with my top snake.

The funny part was I saw where someone had tried to snake the line before I got there. I asked and they said they tried but couldn't get through it...hummmmmm Then they used acid...hummmmm

I`ve gotta start making them sign a waver....errrrr
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            The builder now claims that I broke the 50mm pvc pipe with my water jetter
            nonsense

I like the test idea; a video showing about 3 days of continous jetting with zero damage ought to convince him to find another patsy.... good luck.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

my jetter hose and nozzle is approx 6-8mm in diameter .
              I have checked it wont blow through the trap I am waiting to see photos.
              When I get them I will post to see what you guys think.
              The fact there was screenings and concrete in the line says ther was a problem before I came along.

Comment

Working...
              X