Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a special place in hell for design engineers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a special place in hell for design engineers!

Typical 50's era construction on our prior Air Force Base is sinks back to back with a cross fitting. So snaking is impossible if you can't get the copper diverter pipe fit into the other side which forces the snake down the cross fitting. Plugged showers on second floor results in...........
    The shower below the plugged showers, with the mess I made openinng the ceiling.

The hole I made in the ceiling.

One of the plugged drains which leads to the cross fitting that is plugged.

I got my Sawzall back in this area to cut the vent pipe.

You can see the cut pipe right next to the duct work which made it harder still to cut the pipe.

The plug was right at or below the cross fitting. Second one I had to open like this, only the first one had already been cut and cleanout installed.
    I put a cleanout in the pipe line and brought a piece of pipe out for the next time. I then put a treated piece of plywood up with supports and an opening cut big enough to fit my shoulders in for next time.
    God Bless You Super Good!!!

Re: There is a special place in hell for design engineers!

way to much work to clear a drain.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Not sure that that can be considered work of engineers, but architects that designed the building more likely. And yes, there is a special place in hell for them (architects). I design the bigger sewers (storm & sanitary) along with roadway and site design. Site design is usually where the architects cause me major headaches.

Comment

offer them a bid to do it CORRECTLY$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Are you trying to clear the drain with that hand snake? If your were, it's no wonder you couldn't get it.

Comment

I think you can learn to do these w/o cutting out the cielings... there are a couple of nice tricks, some discussed here recently... I think it was in a thread called 'I hate double 90 ells' or something like that.

I understand your frustration, and applaud your resolve in doing what you had to to do the job. But this can usually be done w/o this level of destruction.

new slogan: It's all about access!
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Geez, a bunker buster bomb might have been easier.

I woulda had that tee stabbed and been outta there in a jiffy.

J/K

Comment

I'm amazed at the way You treat someones property ! Can't You afford a drop cloth ?????
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X