Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone apply for the Ridgid Drain Promo??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone apply for the Ridgid Drain Promo??

I bought a k1500 setup. The basket came today, and the C-11 cables (6) are on back order. My question is this...do these age like fine wine? Or should I list them on Ebay and use the cash for more equipment?

At the last company I worked for, the cables were replaced on an individual basis due to breaking. The kinked ones (so the boss said) were better because they would slap the sides of the pipe, aiding in breaking a clog. In 6 years, I can remember only 2 or 3 being replaced. I have a feeling these will be sitting around for a while.

Any thoughts?

Re: Anyone apply for the Ridgid Drain Promo??

How long do you plan on being in the business? I think prices are going up for everything so $50 cables today might be $100 cables tomorrow. If you got the room, keep them.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Re: Anyone apply for the Ridgid Drain Promo??

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
      I bought a k1500 setup. The basket came today, and the C-11 cables (6) are on back order. My question is this...do these age like fine wine? Or should I list them on Ebay and use the cash for more equipment?

i would keep the extra cable as you will need an additional 90' on a job sooner or later.

At the last company I worked for, the cables were replaced on an individual basis due to breaking. The kinked ones (so the boss said) were better because they would slap the sides of the pipe, aiding in breaking a clog. In 6 years, I can remember only 2 or 3 being replaced. I have a feeling these will be sitting around for a while.

Any thoughts?
      true a kinked cable will slap the walls of the pipe since the cable is no longer true and straight.

the drawback is the kink will also wear fast as this is the wear point. and the cable will eventually break. if ridgid wanted us to use kinked cables, they would design them this way. the place i throw a kink is at the front leader to help whip it. not the midway of a cable.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X