X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concrete in line

i was called out yesterday from a new costruction plumbing company i do drain cleaning for, plugged toilet, lav, floor drain in new office building. plumber chipped out concrete into drain than set toilet flange. plug was 4' from closet bend small pieces of concrete and a.b.s. i pushed through with spade bit. the plumber put a 3" tap tee behind the water closet, and it went to 4" after about 10' about 56' down the line it tied into the top of a combo there was a small belly at the combo so all the concrete pieces settled there because of the 3" i couldnt get a big enough head down, and there was only the one w.c. on the line so i couldnt get alot of water behind. i ended up using my camera with the guide to push each piece of concrete out of the belly and into the combo where i could dump a kitchen sink and 4 water closets to flush down the line. i dont have a jetter but what have you guys done to clear the debri?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: concrete in line

Me and Robert just got done talking about this. I had a job the other day that had 1" rocks in the sewer line from 50 -80 ft out. The c cutter had no effect. I used a spiral saw blade and had the customer turn on all the water and flush the toilet continuously. Pushed the rocks from the 4" lateral to the 8" main. I camered the line and saw I missed 1 rock in the entire line.

Thing was, if I never camered the line, I would've said it was good to go as I pulled back lots of roots with a c cutter. 2 other companies came before me a cleared the line but it would back up again within a week. The last guy that came said the line was collapsed. The spiral blade cleaned the pipe great. I had to look for the joints where roots were coming in.

Take a look here http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15363
    Last edited by gear junkie; 04-24-2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: keep post count down, trying help Josh out of #11
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i was think of making a spiral brush kind of like a chimney sweep something that can fle with the line what do ya think?
      Mike

Comment

not sure about the brush, think it might be to flexible. General has a blade called "5 blade fan type digger". It says "made for removing silt, sand, etc. I think it would work. What kind of machine are you using? I really think the spiral blade is the way to go.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have had some luck with a small jetter blasting the concrete back as long as it isnt to deep.

Comment

if the concrete is set in the line. than a jetter and camera is the way to go. if the concrete is loose, then a camera and a jetter, or snake will work. sometimes just a camera is needed to help push debris down stream.

but you do need the camera to locate it and verify it's gone.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

i have a k7500 no jetter yet
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                if the concrete is set in the line. than a jetter and camera is the way to go. if the concrete is loose, then a camera and a jetter, or snake will work. sometimes just a camera is needed to help push debris down stream.

but you do need the camera to locate it and verify it's gone.

rick.
                i was loose i was able to push it down the line with the camera i was wondering if there was something better though
                Mike

Comment

I do it with my K-7500 and my jetter all the time.
                  On my K-7500 I use big bulb augers (Ridgid don't make any) you have to make your own.
                  This is a Marco that I made a fitting to work on my K-7500

I use my camera with the jetter and back jet (suck) the concrete out.
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X