Ridgid K500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K500

I was given one of these. Does anybody else have one? Is it worth buying the sectionals for?

Thanks,
    Bogart

Re: Ridgid K500

The K-500 has always been like a K-1500 on steroids to me. If you have a need for a machine which will kick butt in any main line then by all means buy some cable.

Mark

By the way did you mean one of these?
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

what a bad as# looking machine, could be a great tool for the war box.

Comment

Looks just like the one I procured from our plant, they were going to toss it. I spent $500 on new cables, jaws, tools, and accessories. Figured since I got it for free, it becomes a good deal in the long run.

Comment

I finally used the Ridgid K500. I figured out how to use, by pushing a loop into the drain. What a horse! Unfortunately, I went thru a wall hung toilet on the 3rd floor. About 70 foot up. I had about 90 foot in the drain, the plastic bottle was wrapped around the straight retrieving auger, and couldn't pull the cable back. I opened a cleanout on the ground floor, wrapped a comealong around the cable and pulled a loop out of the drain. I was then able to pull the cable out of the horizontal run, then the rest of it out of the vertical. However, I won't do that again. The K500 isn't leaving the ground floor now. I am thinking about a 7500 for going down vertically.

Comment

Working...
          X