X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken Pipe-who is responsible

What did the ground around the trap look like? Was it all funky as if it had been a long term leak?
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

The house owner had only been in a week or so brand new house.
      I have offered the plumber a video of myjetter at work on a PVC pipe to show him but havent had response.
      Thanks everyone for their thoughts.
      Regards
      Greg

Comment

is that concrete we r seeing or thinset or mortar......it could have been done by the tile guys during construction.....especially if the flange is buried in the tilethen they might have tried to chip it out after the fact or the plumber who was there on the finish noticed it and we all know what happened next

Comment

believe it or not but just last week i busted a 90 from the inside out like that. I was using a bullet nozzle and trying to FORCE it around the bend and the bottom busted out. the only thing different is that it was a 10 foot 3 inch pvc pipe with a 90 on the end and we were using the pipe to ANGLE the jetter hose into a manhole in which we had hell doing so. But yes the jetter bullet nozzle did penetrate through the pipe from force!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
            believe it or not but just last week i busted a 90 from the inside out like that. I was using a bullet nozzle and trying to FORCE it around the bend and the bottom busted out. the only thing different is that it was a 10 foot 3 inch pvc pipe with a 90 on the end and we were using the pipe to ANGLE the jetter hose into a manhole in which we had hell doing so. But yes the jetter bullet nozzle did penetrate through the pipe from force!!
            how odd... If I envision this correctly, you had 10' of 3", vertical sticking into the manhole, with a 90 on the bottom, to direct the hose horizontal into the main... only thing I can guess is the nozzle started out just a foot or so into the pipe, then was allowed to shoot down the pipe and got some velocity to bust through the bottom of the 90... did it happen that way?
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Seems possible to me that the elbow was cracked with a solid sewer snake that couldn't make the bend because of the concrete. Then the jetter could have finished the job. But at any rate, if I knew there was concrete in the pipe like that, I think I'd recommend digging and repairing. It's the owner's problem - he's the one with the concrete in the pipe. Heck, they MAKE pipes out of concrete - how can you be expected to clean a pipe full of it?

Comment

Working...
              X