Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Cable - What do you think?

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for specific information on RIDGID cables? What are your thoughts, experiences, problems, compliments? I am trying to get feedback from everyone to evaluate the general perception of the RIDGID Drain Cleaning cables.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Renee

Product Manager
    RIDGID Drain Cleaning
    Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Re: RIDGID Cable - What do you think?

The 7/8" sectional cable needs to have some extra options like the 5/8" and 1 1/4" sectional. A tighter wind 7/8" cable to handle up to 6" would be the best. I have general's innercore sectional cable and although it's stiff and can handle 6" no problem, it's twice as heavy and it's harder to get roots and stuff out of the wind to keep the cable clean. General and electric eel make an innercore 7/8 sectional cable. We need another option.

If you haven't fallen asleep yet reading this, what about some sink drums for the k60? Doesn't look to hard to produce but would make the k60 the ultimate machine. The k60 with a sink drum and a tighter wind cable could handle 3/4"-6" line.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well since you asked....

I'd like to see a stiffer 5/16" cable for the K-50 drum

How about a drop head that doesn't snap off the first drain I poke it in

I'll let others discuss quality versus price on the larger cables sizes

Maybe we can discuss this in person at the Roundup?

Wait!.. arn't you the Propress product manager?
      Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-25-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

There's gonna be open discussion time at the roundup. A nice chunk of it Friday morning. Should be a lot of fun. bring your ideas, criticisms, praises, observations.

Josh

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback so far.

In June 2007, I moved from ProPress (Plastic System) to Drain Cleaning and Tubing Tools.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the round up. It will be a great time!
          Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            There's gonna be open discussion time at the roundup. A nice chunk of it Friday morning. Should be a lot of fun. bring your ideas, criticisms, praises, observations.

Josh

josh i wont be there but can some one bring up a point for me?

if so....... can you guys please make a cirularer saw like the r 3200 that has an eletric brake i know that may not sound like much but that is one of the only complant i ever had with this saw, and i have seen many others say the same thing.

thanks,....... one wood butcher standing back in the corner again
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

[quote=gear junkie;138377]The 7/8" sectional cable needs to have some extra options like the 5/8" and 1 1/4" sectional. A tighter wind 7/8" cable to handle up to 6" would be the best. I have general's inner core sectional cable and although it's stiff and can handle 6" no problem, it's twice as heavy and it's harder to get roots and stuff out of the wind to keep the cable clean. General and electric eel make an inner core 7/8 sectional cable. We need another option.

quote]

ben, i've been crying for a year.
              renee is working on it
              so far so good

renee, please ask josh for my 3/4'' inner core sample i gave him last year when he came out. that would make the drum guys very happy if you can remake this cable from years back.

also please make replacement blades available to the wholesalers. right now it seems like all they ever carry are the complete blade and holder. pretty much 2x the price of the blade only.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Glad you asked because I sure didn't like the 5/8" cable that came with my K-750. Just after a few uses it started to get way to many bends and was unforgiving. I bought a brand new cable to replace it and the same results. Thanks to Rick's info I bought a 3/4" Duracable inner core cable. WOW what a difference! I'm coming up on a year of use and no bends or kinks yet and I use it 2 or 3 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by wizzy View Post
                  Glad you asked because I sure didn't like the 5/8" cable that came with my K-750. Just after a few uses it started to get way to many bends and was unforgiving. I bought a brand new cable to replace it and the same results. Thanks to Rick's info I bought a 3/4" Duracable inner core cable. WOW what a difference! I'm coming up on a year of use and no bends or kinks yet and I use it 2 or 3 times a week.
                  wait till ridgid remakes the sample cable i gave josh from years back.

now that cable would make the duracable look like a wet noodle.

sometimes you need the softer, more flexible cable. but i prefer a stiffer, stronger cable on a drum.

with the sectional, i find the flexible cable is good, but would still like a stiffer cable for the larger lines.

the sample i'm working with, is that combination

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Might have better feed back if this was moved to drain cleaning

I have left feed back many times if you do a search
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Steve, Renee is trying to get all the info in one spot. I need to teach her about the power of the search ;-)

Moved to drain cleaning.

Josh
                      Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      Might have better feed back if this was moved to drain cleaning

I have left feed back many times if you do a search

Comment

Working...
                      X