X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's a SeeSnake after all...

So I never recieved the Insight camera that I ordered in Louisville and I was made promise after promise with no resolve. Today I decided to just throw in the towel. I should have done this a long time ago. I listened to Josh and went forward with the 200 ft. color DVD SeeSnake and I could'nt be more pleased.

Here is the cool thing, I wanted badly to be able to add text to my video and now I can very easily using a Ridgid adapter and keyboard. Here's how it is done:
    Attached Files
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: So it's a SeeSnake after all...

very good.

i got tired of listening to the salesmen at a certain supply house and fired them

feels good to be in charge and give them the boot.

you can't go wrong with the ridgid system. especially with the support of this forum

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Very nice I am sure you will put it to good use.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I am glad I made this choice. Not to mention, I don't want to show up at the Roundup only owning a SR-60, brick and Micro.

Who knows, maybe I will head home with a sectional once I see it in action. My head hurts from reading the Drum vs. Sectional thread. You guys are animals.

By the way, have you seen this adapter before Rick?

I am just curious as there has been a lot of discussion about text and no one has ever mentioned this part before. After all you are the king of obscure part numbers.
        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

i have seen this part listed.

i just never needed to add text as i find with my customers that when i narrate my videos, they either fall asleep

or they are now smarter than the rest of the earlier camera guys advise.

your screen writer is much nicer that the built in one that comes with the camera. i only have it programed to my co. name and phone #. the date and time. the rest is audio narration.

rick.

you might want to get one of those silicon keyboard covers to prevent the muck from getting into the board
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
            So I never recieved the Insight camera that I ordered in Louisville and I was made promise after promise with no resolve. Today I decided to just throw in the towel. I should have done this a long time ago. I listened to Josh and went forward with the 200 ft. color DVD SeeSnake and I could'nt be more pleased.

Here is the cool thing, I wanted badly to be able to add text to my video and now I can very easily using a Ridgid adapter and keyboard. Here's how it is done:
            Where did you buy the adapter that goes between the seesnake camera and the LCD monitor as I have never heard or seen of one before.

Tony

Comment

Congrats on your purchase JR

How long does the text stay on screen? throughout the entire vid or can it be hidden?

Nice setup but still too many cables for me

Why should you have to purchase a 3rd party piece of equipment to add text?

No reason with todays technology that Ridgid can't produce a durable PC based console system for the SeeSnake

Comment

Working...
              X