X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number #1 Sub-contractor In America!!

I was just thinking again guys!!(uh-oh!!)...i have been making most of my money with this jetter here in Dallas as a sub-contractor for other plumbers/contractors who dont have one. Does anyone you know of SPECIALIZES in subcontracting work like this...just the other day i did 4 jetter calls all for other plumbing companies and made over $2,000(good for me,chump change for some of yall)..and this is happening more regular for me.....how would you guys go about marketing to these other plumbers to let them know what services i offer. I was thinking to just whip out the phone book and call them directly and ask them...i have also considered faxxing them material..forget about the postcards!!!...you would think some of these million dollar service plumbing companies would own a jetter but they dont...i guess im LUCKY!!!!....let me know your thoughts!!

Re: Number #1 Sub-contractor In America!!

a lot of my work comes from other plumbers and contractors that don't own the specialty equipment.

that's why it's called sub contracting.

as long as you go there to do the job you were hired for and not steal the customer, you'll be fine.

some of the other plumbers just have me do the entire job while i'm there. but i always communicate with them to fill them in.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good thread.
      I've been thinking about doing a mass mailing thing to a bunch of plumbers (most plumbers around here don't do or don't want to do drain cleaning) but, I'm guessing they would do the same thing I do when I get crap in the mail. I take one quick glance and toss it in the garbage. So I was thinking of sending a gift of sorts with it (hat, coffee cup, that sort of thing) that might make them take an extra moment to look at our services. I'd rather send something (cheap) that they would use like booties or something. Any ideas or do you think this would be a waste of money? I figure for $400 If I get two jobs from doing it, it's paid for its self.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We use to get quite a bit of work from other shops for work they did not do. It included drain cleaning, camera work, locating, leak locating and backlow installation/repair/testing.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

So when you're a subcontractor for another company, does that company give you a 1099 at the end of the year and who pays you? The homeowner or the plumbing company?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            So when you're a subcontractor for another company, does that company give you a 1099 at the end of the year and who pays you? The homeowner or the plumbing company?
            It works both ways. In some case you are sub contracting to the plumber and he pays you while in others the plumber has you bill the owner.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i do drain cleaning work for a large new construction company that i used to work for, they were using roto rooter for a long time and i called them and told them what i could do for them, they have since quit using roto rooter all together i wish i had a couple more accounts like them.
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

if the company pays you over $600 in a year they CAN 1099 you at the end of the year which is fine...most independent guys dont though. I was reading an article in the cleaner where one plumbing company is the sub-contractor for 30 plumbing companies in southern California!!!!$$$...they do all of the jetting,camera,locate,leak-detecting for them...they even wear the other companies t-shirts if needed.....i just orderded some shirts with (Contractor Services) on it for all of my subbing work.

Comment

Working...
                X