X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general question about jetters

i have gained quite a bit of knowledge reading the posts that come in here about jetting but there is something that confounds me......now if you r basically in an urban area where most of your sewer access r in basements and thru house traps....what makes more sense ...a trailable jetter or a smaller gas powered model that would fit in a van or a pickup? im trying to way my options...thx for any and all input

Re: general question about jetters

down here a trailor works great...i havent ran across bout 5 basements in my lifetime here....if you are ONLY doing houses a cart jetter should be o.k....but if you step it up to commercial,restaurants,apartments..you need a trailor. i think DrainMedic is near you..you may wanna chat with him..he is very knowledgeable in your area on what you need.

Comment

once again it depends on the size of the piping you need cleaned.

typically a trailer jetter is for 4'' and larger. while a portable is for 1.5''- 6''.
      as you get into more flow/ gpm. you will need a tank water source. beyond 6 gpm. you need typically need a tank to help feed the pump.

a trailer is sometimes a better option, unless you plan on dedicating a truck just for jetting.

if it's your first jetter purchase, i would get a portable and concentrate on the residential market.

then you can step up to the larger jetters and pursue the commercial market.

a trailer starts at $8500 and can get up to $50,000 real fast.

a portable starts at $1500- and can get to $6000. for the larger models.

before you decide, list your projects and we can guide you the proper unit.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

well rick basically most of the sewers i run across in residential work are mostly cast iron 4 " minimum and they either run full 4 from the house sewer to the city sewer or they will go to 5" clay sometimes 6"...to the street ....and thats residential....

Comment

Start with a portable and see how much work you get. If you start to get a lot of commercial stuff get the trailer and keep the smaller unit for the times you need it.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X