Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another sectional vs drum question

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Your cable must not be very stiff? I`ve never had that happen but I use my good stiff I/C cable on jobs except the ones with a lot of turns. Then it`s time for an old floppy snake
    It's a sectional cable, just the way it's made.
    There are a few tricks to it too
    Keep the machine in the pipe opening at all times. Never have exposed cable
    How about you teach me some finer points of your technique at the roundup?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

are you saying you did this with a sectional machine
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

yep, what's wrong?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I wouldn't think that cable would be stiff enough to stay "up" in the pipe. Kinda like trying to push a wet noodle up a straw.

I bet hand pushing that cable was a pita. I use the self feed to do the hard work
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            I wouldn't think that cable would be stiff enough to stay "up" in the pipe. Kinda like trying to push a wet noodle up a straw.

I bet hand pushing that cable was a pita. I use the self feed to do the hard work
            Nope, went right up the pipe, no problem.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by 1HandyHandyman View Post
              I would rather pull a toilet than climb a roof.
              me too

Someone recommended the 7500, Aint that the big boy on the block? I was thinkning the 6200 for roots, or is it too small a cable 5/8".
              Cable size selection depends on distance to the roots from your access point, and how many bends you have to go through. Roots take torque. A given size cable will only carry so much torque, and will carry less without springing at longer distances, but a bigger cable will be more difficult to get through bends. I can effectively remove roots, at least the masses of small, 1/8" dia or less, roots I see here, to about 60' with a 1/2" ic cable. Longer than that and the 3/4" machine gets out of the van. I don't have a 5/8 so can't comment, but suspect you would be happier with a 3/4 as you already have smaller machines.

Sewer rat, Forget my original questions about the roots. Since I already have the smaller machines but want to add another machine as an added tool for more revenue would you buy a jetter or the 7500? I would only be willing to fork out $2000 for either. Thanks.
              You wont get much of a jetter for $2k. You will be disappointed with anything in that price range if you want to do 3" or bigger lines. It will not have the flow to do roots in that price range. If $2k is a real limit, get the 7500. If you can spend $4-5K you can get a 6ish gpm jetter you will be happier with in 3-6" lines, a selection of nozzles, and enough hose. It will be better than a cable on many things. It will still not be great on roots; apparently it can be done according to others here (I have yet to repeat, but intend to... not a lot of root jobs here for me) but I doubt you have a camera and if roots are the issue, you will need to spend more yet to get a jetting system that will handle them.

Originally posted by haycad View Post
              ...at least up here there are very few 4" vents and even fewer vents that go straight to a waste line with out alot of offsets
              same here, that's part of why I pull toilets
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X