X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Looking for some help here. New to the drain cleaning business but have been a plumber for about 7 years. Would like to buy a new machine thats would be fairly easy to understand and operate. Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: New Guy

I guess it matters what size pipe or jobs you will be doing?
    If you want an all around snake to do 2"-4" lines the k60 is a good snake to cover a wide range of jobs. If you are just asking about a snake for doing roots I like the Ridgid k7500 or the general maxi rooter. Small jobs like basins and tubs I like the ridgid k-39AF. If I had to buy just one machine it would be the k-60 with a range of cable sizes.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cuda, you took the words right out of my mouth

good advise

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

stecar where in nnj im in the jersey city area

Comment

got to put a plug in for the k1500 and k50 my weapons of choice.

Comment

First welcome to the forum. As far as the K-60 goes it will actually snake 1 1/2" drains as well with the 5/8" cable. The only way to do a good job at drain cleaning is to have enough machines so all of your bases are covered. The first 3-machines I would buy If I were you (and in this order) would be the K-50-8, K-60 and the K-7500. With the K-50-8 you could snake most of what came in with the exception of heavy roots in a main line. With the K-60 you could cover almost anything the K-50 could not handle. The K-7500 would for the most part be your main line machine. After these three machines you will figure out where your need is and you could add from there.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

so the k-60 is not able too handle roots in a main?

Comment

Originally posted by loudog39 View Post
                so the k-60 is not able too handle roots in a main?
                it's worked great for me for the last 1.5 years. i do mains with roots in 2''-6'' lines. from the ground c/o or the roof vent if need be.

if i feel the line is going to be miserable, i will move up to the 1.25'' cable and drill or k-1500.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

In my experience the K-60 handles most roots even better than most drum machines. Of course a large trailer-jetter is the way to go for root-cutting, but not all of us can afford that, especially in the beginning!
                  I am happy with my K-60 as a mainline machine thus far, but honestly I do alot more plumbing work than drain-cleaning, if I was a pure drain-cleaner I would want a K-7500 or even maybe a jetter at this point.
                  Last edited by Service Guy; 04-28-2008, 01:28 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Atlas I am in bergen county. Would love to buy this k60 that rick talks so much about, lol. I just think that with just starting out a k60 with all the bells and whistles is a little to much for me to spend right now. I will most likely start out on small things right now, just cause I dont want to get in over my head. And by the way thanx for the welcome and responses, have been reading the forum for about 2 months seems great so far.

Comment

Im In Hudson........if U Like Email Me At atlassdrain@aol.com....im John Its A Pleasure

Comment

Working...
                      X