X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mobile Credit Card System

I usually don't take credit cards and when I do I have people use PayPal but some older people don't know about PayPal or trust it. I know about merchant fees and machine rentals and I don't think I will use it that much so I am looking for any other ideas that others are using. Thanks in advance.
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Best Mobile Credit Card System

Do you have a PDA phone or a Nextel?

If you do, there are several options for this. You can teather a small swiper that can be carried in your pocket to your phone and get an approval number right on the spot.

I use a Blackberry to do this. There are a number of options at this site:

http://www.merchantanywhere.com/

I hope this helps. I am curious what others do too.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I also usually use Paypal. I have found most older people prefer to pay via cash or check anyways. There is one lady whom I always have to drive to the bank (about 1/2 mile round trip) after finishing work because she does not carry much cash or a checkbook on her. Merchant anywhere looks nice, but I don't know if I can justify the $25 monthly fee. I usually add a small premium on to the bill anyway to cover the 3 percent fees if I know in advance they want to pay by credit card.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I use the old "knuckle cruncher." My merchant rep sold it to me for $25. Included were a 100 slips, $16 a month in fees. All I do is call a sale in. Takes about 5 minutes, and is batched and deposited in the account within two days. The % for transactions are the going rate, but the approval is about 60 cents. For my volume this is the way to go.

Intially, I looked into the Nuit or something, lease, fees, etc. $80 a month Plus transaction fees.

PM me, I can give the reps phone. I am sure they have someone in your area if you are interested.

Comment

we do all hvac commercial work and send out a bill for the work done

is it typical to get payment right away for residential work
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

typically when the customer is there, i expect to get paid.

i've never tanken a credit card. sure i get asked, but it's always for the customer to get points. checks are held for the time if they need to.
            i've only had a few checks that .

2 were lawyers and 1 a doctor

commercial accounts are 30 days or sooner.

at any given time i have 15-25 invoices due. sort of nice when i go out of town and get home to open the mail. kind of feel like i have paid vacations

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I have never taken a credit card. I have the ability to take Visa and Mastercard. I have the swipe machine, but it's only so I can generate a slip for the customer. I can call in the card using a touch-tone phone.

I pay about $18.99 per month for the service. I would rather have it than not be able to take cards and lose a sizeable sale.

The company is Thompson Merchant Service.

Comment

I use a satellite phone with a card slider on the side. I take all forms of payment.

Credit cards was a great move for me. Customers like getting the rewards or miles. They tend to do the bigger jobs when paying with credit cards to.

My phone i use is called a WAY phone. Fees are good prices too.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  I use a satellite phone with a card slider on the side. I take all forms of payment.

Credit cards was a great move for me. Customers like getting the rewards or miles. They tend to do the bigger jobs when paying with credit cards to.

Greg, PM me the info of your company and the equipment info if you don't mind.

I am looking into taking the cards, visa and master card only, I figure it is just another happy service I can provide.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

The guy named above's website has that phone and the service. At
                    http://www.thompsonmerchant.com/
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

CC sales have worked for us too. We just call the sale in, it's an automated system and an approval code is given immediately. No costly mobile swiper for our guys to break or lose. It's even a toll free telephone number.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                        Do you have a PDA phone or a Nextel?

If you do, there are several options for this. You can teather a small swiper that can be carried in your pocket to your phone and get an approval number right on the spot.

I use a Blackberry to do this. There are a number of options at this site:

http://www.merchantanywhere.com/

I hope this helps. I am curious what others do too.
                        Is this company legit??

I'm looking for a company to use and have heard horror stories online about money being frozen if you go over your projected limit (not sure how if it goes to your bank account).

Anyways, I am looking for a mobile credit card system so if anyone else has any comments on places, I'd appreciate it!
                        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                          Is this company legit??

I'm looking for a company to use and have heard horror stories online about money being frozen if you go over your projected limit (not sure how if it goes to your bank account).

Anyways, I am looking for a mobile credit card system so if anyone else has any comments on places, I'd appreciate it!

Call your local bank and see who they recommend. The bank should be using a reputable merchant. The company I use is Metavante. I dont do a lot in CC business, but it does not hurt to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

how long does the total transaction take?

Comment

Originally posted by se215 View Post
                              how long does the total transaction take?

It takes a total of about 5 mins on the phone to reconcile the days pay. It shows up in my account either the next day or the day after....depending on what time i do it. If its on a Friday, it will be in there on Tuesday.
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X