X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general model 68

anyone know where i can get parts for this if anywhere? I need the parts for the power feed assembly the "jaws" i guess that the snake threads through?

Re: general model 68

i have also aquired an "oster" rodding machine its kind of cool ill have to put up pictures and another general i couldnt find th emodel number but it has the motor offset from the drum, 2 wheels and is kind of like a wheelbarrow. to feed it there is a crank that you turn in either forward or revese is there any website on these old draincleaning machines?

Comment

Why not revamp it and install a K-7500 power feed ? thats what I would do. You can get the bearing for that power feed anywhere.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

hmmmm that was easy thanks!!! how is that a solution so simple like that is so often overlooked!

Comment

I do alot of fab work so it comes easy for me

Comment

Are you sure it's model 68 and not model 88 or model 66?

Good luck with getting parts. General makes it hard just to buy the every day products they sell. When/if I ever receive my last order I'm done with them for good.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

yeah it says model 68 it is old probably 30 years or older it was my grandfathers he took care of it so its in good shape just old. It seems as though Ridgid is the oly one who has repair parts readily available (as long as your name isnt All Clear Sewer)

Comment

I wouldn`t say that as they always take care of me

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  yeah it says model 68 it is old probably 30 years or older it was my grandfathers he took care of it so its in good shape just old. It seems as though Ridgid is the oly one who has repair parts readily available (as long as your name isnt All Clear Sewer)
                  Spartan claims to have every single repair part for every machine they ever made.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    I wouldn`t say that as they always take care of me
                    I take that to mean your hole hawg is working again?

Comment

HA i know reviving an old thread....

Cleaning out the shop with my grandfather this afternoon I found the parts for the autofeed on this machine.

I plan to clean it up paint it and use the old girl again. She has been sitting in the corner for the longest time while my marco has been doing all the work!

Ill post pics tommorrow or so!

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        Why not revamp it and install a K-7500 power feed ? thats what I would do. You can get the bearing for that power feed anywhere.
                        I tried to do that, but General says that you can't change the autofeed on the older models. If your's is like my sewermatic 100, then the autofeed is belt driven and is built into the frame.

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        I get my General parts from AJ Coleman in Chicago. Mine is a Sewermatic 100 with 3/4 hp motor. Yours is likely a 1/2 hp motor. Nice machine for certain jobs. I keep 75' of 5/8" General IC cable in the drum and have a spare with 75' more. Nice for residential or multi-unit with cast iron or PVC sewers in soft blockages. The autofeed is painfully slow though.

Ferguson can get them pretty quick too as they have a national acct. with General and the autofeed parts are pretty common. I suggest getting extras now, they wear out pretty quick, especially on 3/4" cable.

Have fun with your toy.

Also, that Oster machine you mentioned, is that one that has a clutch and runs 1" sectional cable in 20' lengths?

-Chris

Comment

Yes that is the old Oster machine, and yes it is like your sewermatic with the extra belt that drives the autofeed.

Comment

oh and btw it is a 3/4 HP motor and the drum holds 75' of 3/4" cable

Comment

hmmm, mine only claims to hold 50' of 3/4" cable.

that oster machine sounds cool. I've never used one

Comment

Working...
                              X