X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K50 drum question

Just got my gold K50 in and it works great but I can't get the drums to seat all the way in. Also, getting the cable back in the drum is a little difficult, any ideas to make it easier?

To the RIDGID person that reads this besides Josh; this was an older k50 that came with a metal lined guide hose. Ridgid should bring these back.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K50 drum question

Metal lined guide hose? What a great idea. Wonder why they stopped producing them?

I don't know what a Gold K-50 is but...

The drum should have a button and 2 thumb screws on either side of it that lock it to the back of the K-50. Sometimes gotta push hard to get the button to lock on.

As for getting the cable back in the drum?...good luck. Cram, slam, push, pull, crinkle, wrinkle......whatever it takes. Just don't get the meaty part of your hand pinched in there. Or has that already happened? OUCHIE!

Comment

It's actually gold colored, not silver. It seems the drum can't go far enough foward for the pin to lock.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Just got my gold K50 in and it works great but I can't get the drums to seat all the way in. Also, getting the cable back in the drum is a little difficult, any ideas to make it easier?

pull it completely out and see if it is rusty or needs to be oiled. i always like to remove the cables when i'm done with the drums. is your's the plastic drum or the aluminum one?

To the RIDGID person that reads this besides Josh; this was an older k50 that came with a metal lined guide hose. Ridgid should bring these back.

ben, i've discussed the rear guide hose with them before

all it really is, is a piece of electrical water proof metallic flex. same as you have on outdoor a/c units. except theirs is black instead of grey.
        the rubber dishwasher hose is terrible. it's too sticky and has a set coil to it. hard to lay out flat.

good chance at the roundup to empty the laundry list on them

they will be as excited to hear from us, as we are to visit them

jot down all your concerns and we will make a list of items to work on.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

amen on the guide hose it sucks at best.

as far as getting the drums to latch, push the handle down as you slip the drum onto the machine and the key should fit into the hole. sometimes i have to rotate the drum to get it to line up.

as far as retreiving the cable intio the drum, i find just brute force seems to work. a better solution i'd love to hear.

Ridgid listen to Rick and replace that POS guide hose.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
          X