X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet

so you get a call on a clogged toilet,you get there use 6' auger still won't drain pull bowl do any of guys charge more for pulling bowl?

Re: toilet

Originally posted by loudog39 View Post
    so you get a call on a clogged toilet,you get there use 6' auger still won't drain pull bowl do any of guys charge more for pulling bowl?
    What is the policy of your the company in this situation?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You should charge more for the framing hammer usage.

Comment

Aboslutely, time is money.

Of course that shouldve been explained with your diagnosis.

I simply say, " Ill try my Auger, and if that works, it will X amount of dollars, but, if the clog is not in the toilet, then im going to have to remove the toilet and cable out the line.", Then tell them, if the Auger doesnt work, i wont charge you for the Auger, but i this is the price to remove the toilet, cable the line, new bowl wax, new bolts, new water supply. No problemo
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

not to start a ruckuss but as a T&M man if it takes longer it costs more.

i'd much rather have 3-4 jobs at 1 1/2 Hrs each than one 4 hour job.

i explain to the customer what i'm going to do and why. and if i need to go to plab B then i explain that to them also. most don't have an issue IF they know what's going on

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I wonder what a fair charge would be to auger a toilet ? Sometimes it's just a simple job and takes a few seconds.

Comment

I charge $55.00 to use the sh!@ stick. if it doesn't do the trick, and I have to pop the toilet then I don't charge for the stick.
              basically its a half hour charge.
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

I charge for just a service call if I only have to plunger or auger. If I pull the the toilet the price goes up.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Aboslutely, time is money.

Of course that shouldve been explained with your diagnosis.

I simply say, " Ill try my Auger, and if that works, it will X amount of dollars, but, if the clog is not in the toilet, then im going to have to remove the toilet and cable out the line.", Then tell them, if the Auger doesnt work, i wont charge you for the Auger, but i this is the price to remove the toilet, cable the line, new bowl wax, new bolts, new water supply. No problemo
                  Ditto.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by wizzy View Post
                    I wonder what a fair charge would be to auger a toilet ? Sometimes it's just a simple job and takes a few seconds.
                    It may take you a few seconds, but they still called you because they couldnt fix it, right??

Its took you 25 mins to a half hour to get there.

Its time on your schedule.
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Being flat rate, I have a task for attempting to clean the toilet with an auger. I have a higher charge for having to pull it. It never hurts to try a plunger first.

Pull don't push. Push plunger down slowly, pull back with force.

I also carry a hand mirror and a flashlight so that I can see into the trap. (Seriously considering a itty bitty see snake.)

As to only taking a few minutes, I've spent a lot more than just a few minutes with an auger. Even if it only takes a few minutes, the company must be paid for sending you out. A lot of people are under the impression that, since they have to drive to work without being paid for it, you do too.

Comment

how much extra too pull toilet if you can't do it with auger?

Comment

I give a flat rate to clear a toilet of $70 but if it's a easy fix with the auger then it's $63. If the auger doesn't work and I have to pull the toilet then the total cost would be $80.

Comment

auger is 80.00, same as a service call for me.

stoppage in closet bend....priceless.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

$68.00.
                              Have you seen the cost of a good auger lately?
                              There's no way I'd quote a pull and reset on the front end. Too many ifs....
                              Last edited by SlimTim; 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM.
                              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X