X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My autofeed won't reverse anymore

The Auto feed on my 3/4 cable drum machine won't auto feed in reverse anymore, goes great in forward. All the rollers seem fine and the cable doesn't look flat. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: My autofeed won't reverse anymore

Never mind one seized roller, great one of those days roller seized then one of my seesnakes has a broken plastic piece around by the counter and by the interconnect cord. I hate working then comming home and working on the tools but oh well.
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I dont know how much you use your`s but I replace my feeder bearing about every 3 to 4 months
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

How do you pull out the knurled nut below the feed knob so you can replace that ball bearing? I understand it is pressed in.

Comment

my auto feed never has broken on my k-60

tomorrow i have 19 drains to snake and jet. the other day i did 22 of them without a hitch and the auto feed worked great. although my right hand is a little bigger

keep the bearings clean and dry. don't over tighten the feed knob and always help the cable in and out. change all 3 feed bearings. not just the one.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

and my jaws never ware out on my k-7500
            I thought you were a plumber not a sewer rat??????
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wizzy View Post
              How do you pull out the knurled nut below the feed knob so you can replace that ball bearing? I understand it is pressed in.
              I'm not sure what machine you have but, if a k750, just remove the snap ring then tighten down the tension knob on the cable. If the drive is already off the machine, use a chisel handle or something of equal size to the cable in it's place. As you push the bearing down on the cable it will build up enough pressure to push the bearing holder up out of the drive body.

Comment

Thanks droopy I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                X