X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable size-still don't get it

Looking through the catalog today and saw an "H-cutter" (T-104)for my K3800(which is still for sale) with the 1/2" cable C-46. I then saw the same cutter for the 7/8 cable sectional cable. The c46 cable uses the 5/8 sectional cutter heads. Is this a typo that a 7/8 cutter can fit on a 1/2" cable. The other possibilty is that I really don't have a 1/2" cable but on the box, it said C-46. What gives?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Cable size-still don't get it

ben, the 3/8'' drum cable uses the same connector size as the 5/8'' sectional cable.

the 1/2'' drum cable is the same connector as the 7/8'' sectional cable.

the c46 cable is a 1/2'' x 90' inner core drum cable. it will not fit a 5/8'' sectional cutter. it will fit a 7/8'' sectional cutter.

am i missing your point?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Not really but that means that when I got my c46 cable, it was really 3/8". The box must have been wrong. My c46 cable was much thicker than the previous cable which was 3/8". What the od of 1/2" cable? What about the difference between ic and iw cable size?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Not really but that means that when I got my c46 cable, it was really 3/8". The box must have been wrong. My c46 cable was much thicker than the previous cable which was 3/8". What the od of 1/2" cable?

1/2'' cable would be 1/2'' od. i don't know the actual wire diameter/ gage.

What about the difference between ic and iw cable size?

ic= inner core/ "good flexibility and more cleaning power to the cable end"

iw=integral wound/ "wound tighter on the inner core creating a solid assembly"

quoted from the ridgid bible

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I should have been more specific. The catalog shows 2 different cutterheads for the 1/2" cable depending if you have ic or iw. Why should the construction matter? If the ic is bigger, why not eliminate confusion and just call it 5/8?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about. This is a c46 1/2" inner core cable in comparision to a 7/8" sectional cable. Either the catalog is wrong or the box the c46 cable came in is wrong.
            Attached Files
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, i was confused at this picture as i was looking at your 3800 and also a gearbox underneath.

i can swear it's a general #82?

is the 3800 a 1/2'' od cable in the picture?

it looks much smaller than the 7/8'' as a scale.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

The 3800 sits in my shed now and it is in fact on top of my general 82. That 1/2 cable is the c-46 cable. See what I mean? No way can you put a 7/8 cutter head on that cable.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X