X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 5/8 cable

I just can't justify getting a K60 yet, but I was wondering if I could use 1 section of 5/8 sectional cable on my small machine for 1.5 and 2 inch lines. I like the idea of of 5/8 instead of 3/8 and the open wind seems like it would augur grease better. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Question about 5/8 cable

It'll work. All Clear did mention that another plumber tried this and it broke but it sounds like he has a lot of hacks in his area. I was going to try the same thing with my k3800 but I don't use it anymore since I got my K50.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes, the guy that tried it is a hack for sure.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

it will fit a 3/8'' ridgid drum cable. there is a difference in torque and speed. the section is designed for high speed and is more flexible than the drum cable.

try the c-9 cable that is the heavy duty wind over the c-8 which is the all purpose wind.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          it will fit a 3/8'' ridgid drum cable. there is a difference in torque and speed. the section is designed for high speed and is more flexible than the drum cable.

try the c-9 cable that is the heavy duty wind over the c-8 which is the all purpose wind.

rick.
          Do you think the higher torque would matter even for kitchen and lav drains. I'm thinking the most torque I have on my small cable is at fittings and I was hoping the sectional cable would be more flexable to get around the fittings better, even reducing the torque. What do you think. I guess I'll have to try it and find out. Or is the C9 cable plenty flexable?

Comment

Working...
          X