X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K750 Opinions

After looking for almost anything with a 3/4" cable I finally found a used K750 at a pawn shop for $1200. ( I would haggle for $500) Anxious to log into the forum and read all archives about the 750, I believe Rick called it an occasional use machine. I expect the 7500 to be better but with money being a factor, would the price of a new 7500 beat a used 750. Could I get 95% of my jobs done without regretting my purchase of the 750 and upgrading to the 7500 in due time? If the 750 and 7500 were cars what would they each be be Thanks.

Re: K750 Opinions

Originally posted by 1HandyHandyman View Post
    After looking for almost anything with a 3/4" cable I finally found a used K750 at a pawn shop for $1200.
    it's been a while since i bought a 750. last time i remember i paid $1100 new. i still have 3 of them and 2 are brand new

( I would haggle for $500) Anxious to log into the forum and read all archives about the 750, I believe Rick called it an occasional use machine.
    it's not a machine i would use daily. but it is good machine. the few factors are, the stair climbers are more of a skid plate and it's not good on bricks. the motor is not a geared motor and the at feed is not as good as the 7500 feed.

I expect the 7500 to be better but with money being a factor, would the price of a new 7500 beat a used 750. Could I get 95% of my jobs done without regretting my purchase of the 750 and upgrading to the 7500 in due time? If the 750 and 7500 were cars what would they each be be Thanks.
    750 is a chevy and the 7500 is the cadillac

truthfully, i would think the 750 is fine for you as a handyman. but i also think that 1200 is too pricey.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      but i also think that 1200 is too pricey.[/COLOR]

rick.
      And at a pawn shop
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I bought my k-750 used on eBay 4 years ago paid 650.00 and 125.00 of that was shipping.
        power feed, 180' of 3/4 IC cable " 100' section and an 80' section and a box of cutters
        if the machine is in near new condition I would have no problem giving 600-800 for it. but keep in mind if their is not enough cable or cutter. the price invested to get the k-750 up and usable correctly will sky rocket.
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

I appreciate your inputs Rick and Appleton. The machine has been there since June 07 so I am sure the price is ready to drop but I would guess there are maintenance issues, not sure of the cable condition and there are no cutters. So even at $500, like Appleton said a few parts here and there and I'd have a lot of money in a Chevy. I clear a few drains a month and like the work and am trying to steer my business in that direction.

Comment

I would say you would get 95% of your jobs done with the K-750 if you use 3/4 cable. Just right for going thru 4" pipes.

Comment

if u watch auction you can get good price on snake
              I was at an auction and purchased 4 100' 3/4" inner core snakes for $70.00 and a box of 20+ cutter, bits, and retrievers for $10.00
              but this might be hard to find where u live
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by 1HandyHandyman View Post
                After looking for almost anything with a 3/4" cable I finally found a used K750 at a pawn shop for $1200. ( I would haggle for $500) Anxious to log into the forum and read all archives about the 750, I believe Rick called it an occasional use machine. I expect the 7500 to be better but with money being a factor, would the price of a new 7500 beat a used 750. Could I get 95% of my jobs done without regretting my purchase of the 750 and upgrading to the 7500 in due time? If the 750 and 7500 were cars what would they each be be Thanks.

I've used a K750 for years now and I can say that I would agree with every thing said so far about the machine. This machine is quite capable of getting the job done for you. It is basically by design the smaller, weaker brother of the K7500. It will handle any job the the K7500 will do but, you will work a little harder for it. One draw back of this machine is that it has no inner drum. Because of this you will need to be carefull of the amount of torque you apply on those really nasty, hardcore blockages. This isn't to say you can't apply alot of torque to the cable, you can, but if you get in a situation where you are really stuck or are going hand to hand with a root ball from hell, be cautious when you're torqued up to near the breaking point of your cable. this is when you'll get a cable filp over in the drum. That will definitly make you start using bad words. Other than that it's a lite, easy to service machine at a cheap price. Price being a factor you could surley start with a 750 and get yourself a K7500 when your buisness grows.(it will also make a good back up machine that you won't mind having just sitting there not earning it's keep) P.S. 1200 is WAY to much for a used K750. 500-600 is more reasonable for a used machine you don't know the original owner of.

Comment

Working...
                X