X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for display booth

We just got our Stimulus check and I've got to tell you, I'm not feeling very stimulated.
    We have decided to put it toward a display booth we can set up at local events to show case our services. Mostly show off the camera, no dig pipe patch, mini jetter and, snake.
    For the snake I'm thinking of attaching a 4' section to a BBQ spit and have it rotating inside clear PVC.
    For the jetter I'm thinking of attaching a short section of jetter hose to a submersible pump and somehow set it up so the water circulates. This should so how the water comes out of the head.

Also include a few before/after 20X30" photos.

Book an appointment today and save $10 or so.

Enter to win a free camera inspection?

Anyone have any other ideas? Thoughts?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Ideas for display booth

If you use Bio Clean, i would take small baggies with some of the product in it and give those away...Sorta of like a treatment for 2 weeks
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

-Preventative rodding programs. Compare average emergency costs related to a maintenance program cost.
      "On average, sewers only back-up when your MIL is visiting on Christmas day...." Something of that nature.

-The Bio-clean is a great idea...push the "green" movement.

Comment

There's gotta be a plastic turd in there somewhere.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          For the snake I'm thinking of attaching a 4' section to a BBQ spit and have it rotating inside clear PVC.
          what a great idea. i just stole it for next year's Ag Fair display and possibly the VIWMA (virgin islands waste management authority) green program they do every year.

maybe 1 with an auger and 1 with a cutter haed.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            what a great idea. i just stole it for next year's Ag Fair display and possibly the VIWMA (virgin islands waste management authority) green program they do every year.

maybe 1 with an auger and 1 with a cutter haed.

steve
            I tried the BBQ spit but it turns WAY too slow.
            Instead I hooked it up to a variable speed drill and clamped the trigger down. To hold the drill in place I used an old drill press.
            I'm going to build a box to hide the drill and press.
            The drill was not getting hot but it's still fairly cool here so summer will be the true test. I think I'll hook a computer fan up to the drill.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
              -Preventative rodding programs. Compare average emergency costs related to a maintenance program cost.
              "On average, sewers only back-up when your MIL is visiting on Christmas day...." Something of that nature.

Yes, lots of flooded basement and sewer back up damage pics.
              Funny you mention the dreaded MIL. I just did one of my loyalest customers for exactly that reason

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                I tried the BBQ spit but it turns WAY too slow.
                Instead I hooked it up to a variable speed drill and clamped the trigger down. To hold the drill in place I used an old drill press.
                I'm going to build a box to hide the drill and press.
                The drill was not getting hot but it's still fairly cool here so summer will be the true test. I think I'll hook a computer fan up to the drill.
                Gene, is speed more important than getting potential customers "seeing" what is occuring inside the pipe? i think any visual would be good. the drill is an interesting idea but may require more attention than you need to give during a busy time at the booth.

the jetter idea is good but you need to SLOW the water volume down to a managable level with out the potential for an accident happening.

again visual OVER actual.

just my $.02 befoer taxes

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

The BBQ spit turned so slow it was not noticeable unless you were looking right at it. With the variable speed drill I am able to turn it at a speed that is noticeable but not so fast that its going to be a problem.

The jetter simulation is turning out to be a PIA. I've tried several diff pumps and heads. So far the only thing that looks ok is a nozzle I drilled out and used wih a transfer pump, but the transfer pump makes a lot of noise.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post

ok as you can see i dont do drains so what is rodding is it the same as snaking
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

General has some good training videos. Maybe one of them will give you some ideas.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        ok as you can see i dont do drains so what is rodding is it the same as snaking
                        Yes, same as snaking.

Comment

Working...
                        X