X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: longest root

not a fair catch unless you bring it back with the machine No Hand Fishing....rotflmao

I wish they had one that would work on my jetter. I would give it a try, 7GPM @3000
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      not a fair catch unless you bring it back with the machine No Hand Fishing....rotflmao

I wish they had one that would work on my jetter. I would give it a try, 7GPM @3000
      They do
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        They do
        yes the 3/8 warthog works well for me at 6gpm, but not so good for roots, those I an snaking. I am thinking of trying the root ranger nozzle... anyone have one of these? what is your experience?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          yes the 3/8 warthog works well for me at 6gpm, but not so good for roots, those I an snaking. I am thinking of trying the root ranger nozzle... anyone have one of these? what is your experience?

hopefully, the round up will have it on display. the ridgid 3000 jetter is 4gpm at 3000#.

the issue i see is there is no forward jet to cut into a solid stoppage of roots.

the rear jet is a monster. it's a 0 degree impact that oscillates. it will cut through anything if it can get to it. the key is to get to the line before it's 100% solidly blocked with roots.

i use a similar nozzle to shoot forward with a pusher rod. you don't want to be in front of this nozzle.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have the root ranger nozzle and it goes down the line great with my 5gpm machine but on heavy clogs didn't get thru the roots but then I used a forward nozzle just to make a hole then back to the root ranger. I don't know how it works with more gpm I have 10 now and am going to try it to see, I also do'nt know how long the ceramic tip lasts with rust hitting it. So far with 5 gpm machine it is a good powerful cleaning tip. Oh and it shoots a spray I had to move my camera back farther than I usually do.
            Last edited by Cuda; 05-12-2008, 10:01 PM.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Look what I pulled out of a clean out with my K-39
              Attached Files
              The Other Rick

Comment

Wow, thats a big pile of roots
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

rick1643, if you pulled theses roots out with your k-39 you're no longer the "other rick"

you've been promoted to rick

now come clean the other rick

rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    I have the root ranger nozzle and it goes down the line great with my 5gpm machine but on heavy clogs didn't get thru the roots but then I used a forward nozzle just to make a hole then back to the root ranger. I don't know how it works with more gpm I have 10 now and am going to try it to see, I also do'nt know how long the ceramic tip lasts with rust hitting it. So far with 5 gpm machine it is a good powerful cleaning tip. Oh and it shoots a spray I had to move my camera back farther than I usually do.

cuda they make a high pressure in line filter to protect the nozzle. it's not the ceramic i would be worried about.

there is a cartridge inside of these types of nozzles that make them oscillate. they are prone to damage.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      rick1643, if you pulled theses roots out with your k-39 you're no longer the "other rick"

you've been promoted to rick

now come clean the other rick

rick.
                      OK, I'll fess up. I pulled this out of a rootbound septic tank. Since I'm playing with pics tonight, I'll show you the mainline artistry also

Ok, I'll fess up. I pulled this out of a rootbound septic tank. Since I'm playing with pics tonight I'll also show you the mainline artistry
                      The Other Rick

Comment

How's this for art
                        Attached Files
                        The Other Rick

Comment

I was going to get a 3/8" Warthog, but havent seen anything else that compares to my rootMaster.

Comment

Working...
                          X