Killing the 3/4 IC Cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing the 3/4 IC Cable

well here we go again. I broke this one and it was only 4 months old. Now I have a K-7500 that can do Rick`s tub drains

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Killing the 3/4 IC Cable

That's 3/4"? Looks mighty thin. You have to be one of the most loyal customers any company has ever had. If I kept buying a product that would break on me constantly, I would have switched brands a long time ago.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

spartan cable!!! you need it!
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

all clear, you really need to change the front nose cone on your auto feed. i always help pull mine back in to keep from the wear on the front nose and the bearings.

you need to machine a front bronze bushing.

as far as your cable concerns. please bring a sample with the code date on the female coupler to the roundup. i'm telling you the old stuff from 10 years ago was bullet proof.

the round up is a way to meet the department upper brass. they want to hear it from us, just as we want to pick their brains too.

i'll tell you again for the 100th. time. sectional is much more forgiving.

sure more work, but that's what keeps me out of the gym

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          spartan cable!!! you need it!
          I agree, Spartan cable. Ask for the new 3/4 Sparshine while its still the same price as the original stuff.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Spartan cable i have right now

2001 machine .66 cable, 2 1/2 yrs old 100 ft. no kinks

100 machine 1/2 cable 75ft long, no kinks, 2yrs old

81 machine 5/8 cable 5yrs old , no kinks

Love Spartan cable.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

that looks like 1/2" cable to me...Greg, you use 1/2 in you Spartan 100?....do you use it on k/sinks and floor drains?...i ALLWAYS use 13/32 in my Spartan 100 and its great for k/sinks and floor drains....it would seem that 1/2 is too big for those types, but do you do it?...back in the day my father had an old sewer machine with 1/2" in it and we used it on sewer lines k/sinks and every dam thang!!!!..lol...now i only use 5/8nc in the Spartan 300 and 13/32nc for the 100....i guess you i could carry another 100 drum full of 1/2nc with a blade for roof jobs because that 1/2 will cur LIGHT roots with the proper balde....what do you guys think??

Tony

Comment

[QUOTE=PLUMBER RICK;142171]all clear, you really need to change the front nose cone on your auto feed. i always help pull mine back in to keep from the wear on the front nose and the bearings.

You guys still using the auto-feeds?....i pulled mine off of my Spartan 300 after 3 months of usage...it was to slow for me.....i may put it back on now since i now use the jetter for roof top jobs...i use to take that booger apart and haul the 300 on the roof in a heartbeat!!!!....now i take the hose and warthog on the roof with me!!!.....taking that 300 on the roof is a WORK-OUT buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                  that looks like 1/2" cable to me...Greg, you use 1/2 in you Spartan 100?....do you use it on k/sinks and floor drains?...i ALLWAYS use 13/32 in my Spartan 100 and its great for k/sinks and floor drains....it would seem that 1/2 is too big for those types, but do you do it?...back in the day my father had an old sewer machine with 1/2" in it and we used it on sewer lines k/sinks and every dam thang!!!!..lol...now i only use 5/8nc in the Spartan 300 and 13/32nc for the 100....i guess you i could carry another 100 drum full of 1/2nc with a blade for roof jobs because that 1/2 will cur LIGHT roots with the proper balde....what do you guys think??

Tony

I use the 81 machine for sinks and tubs...
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                    I use the 81 machine for sinks and tubs...

...but you posted that your 81 machine has 5/8 cable right??...thats too dam big aint it?...must be a typo....you must have meant 3/8

Comment

I use mytana cable non inner core and the only time it goes bad is when I do something wrong. I also have a general with 3/4 inercore that has never given us a problem -the cable that is. we can almost stall the motor on that machine. The Mytana won't stall.

Another big company around here uses General machines and cable with no trouble all non inner core.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                        ...but you posted that your 81 machine has 5/8 cable right??...thats too dam big aint it?...must be a typo....you must have meant 3/8

He meant 5/16" cable. You can't put 3/8" in a 81 machine.

I use a 100 machine with 13/32" inner core for the 1 1/2" - 2" and 5/16" inner core for smaller drains. I have never had a problem.

Sure, I have to carry 2 drums but it's not bad. No power feed on the 100, that's just lazy.
                        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                          He meant 5/16" cable. You can't put 3/8" in a 81 machine.

I use a 100 machine with 13/32" inner core for the 1 1/2" - 2" and 5/16" inner core for smaller drains. I have never had a problem.

Sure, I have to carry 2 drums but it's not bad. No power feed on the 100, that's just lazy.

Yes 5/16 is what i meant for the 81

Comment

Working...
                          X