Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Coming From Pulley Area Of Jetter!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke Coming From Pulley Area Of Jetter!!!

just the other day i was clearing a line with the jetter and after running it non-stop untill 200 gallons of water(about 20 minutes) went through it, i went around the corner to check the water level of the jetter and noticed smoke coming from between the pulley area and the pump!!!!!!.....DAM!!!!!....i immediately called Greg of drainmedic and he says his has never done this before.....i assumed that it was coming from the metal box next/attached to the pump....in the metal box contains the pullys....i did have the jetter going at FULL THROTTLE with the unloader valve tightened all the way down..i was going approx 2500psi....and it also made a funny/winding noise when it started to smoke......NOW if i throttled down to 1800 or 1700 p.s.i. the noise and smoke went away.......the next job i did the same day i jetted a residential sewer and throttled iot up to 2500 p.s.i. for about 10 minutes and it didnt make any sound or i didnt see any smoke...the jetter is just 10 months old and under warranty.. i was just wondering what would make it do that....any help much appreciated.

Re: Smoke Coming From Pulley Area Of Jetter!!!

The belt is worn out it may be loose also, maybe even not aligned now,but since it got loose because of the noise you heard the belt is now glazed there are little tricks to ruffen the edges up and reset it but don't bother just order a new belt or use the warranty if it covers the belt,oh and don't mention you have messed with the unloader.
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

running at the higher pressure/ full throttle puts a larger load on the pump and engine. the belt is slipping as the increase put a strain on it.

make sure that the belt/ belts are adjusted properly and replace it if it's damaged. also verify you didn't overheat the pulley and it hasn't turned colors.

there is a belt dressing to help with grip and noise.

remove the belt guards and check it all out. replace as needed and tension as required.

you should have a decent manual that came with the machine

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

o.k......thanks guys.....i will take the cover off and inspect the belts tomorrow..i hope the belt dressing saves the belts...and i certainly hope the pulley aint fu**d up!!..like i said though on the immediate next job it didnt do that....so hopefully i caught it early.

Comment

I've had very good luck with the cogged belts from gates... expensive to convert as you have to buy the cogged pulleys to go with, and the belts are expensive too, but once set up you just forget they are there.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

how do i have them installed on my jetter??

Comment

first thing to check is that the modification does not void your warranty...
              I would buy another belt, adjust the current one for now...
              Don't run the pump beyond the recommended pressure from now on...

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                how do i have them installed on my jetter??
                If you decide to go that way, just do it yourself... I find if I let someone do something like that for me it for me it is always expensive, usually time consuming, and often wrong. Plus I just enjoy doing it, and I'm picky about having things done my way. Find a supplier, Gates' are called 'polychain', others make similar stuff.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                X