i need a lil advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a lil advice

i have an old customer , the type you shake hands and thats the contract, anyway they want a maintaince set up and a flat rate to snake the main every month and the leader linesand floor drains also....my question is how do i figure out a fair price with out knocking someone over the head...i usually charge 160 for the first hr and 80 dollars additional if that helps

Re: i need a lil advice

How long would the job take? Do you have to guarantee the drains between maintenance cleanings?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

im thinking no more then 2 hours and thats alot

Comment

Give them a no-stoppage guarantee as long as they keep the contract. (meaning if it clogs up you'll clear it for free.)

Charge them per month whatever seems reasonable to you. Maybe $200-$300 depending on how much time and effort will go into each monthly cleaning.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

i have 1 property that i do this for on a monthly basis. that's what they want, not what they need.

i charge $160 to snake out 2- 6'' mains to the city connection.

now that i've been doing this contract for over a year, i can get done in under an hour and cleaned up.

one is in the subterrain garage and the other is street level.

i use a 1.25'' cable with 4x6'' cutters to access the 4'' c/o into the 6'' main.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

so you usually get $260 from that client and he wants it monthly and probably some kind of deal since it is monthly so how about make it $199 (sounds better than $200 to a client) And as Rick said you will get it down to a routine and your time will decrease plus it won't actually be clogged when you come to do it.
            Bryce
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Wow ,is this a commercial bldg.?. Why monthly?
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Wow ,is this a commercial bldg.?. Why monthly?
                Rick's is. They are condos. That is how they want to keep on top of maintenance.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

these are condos also.........20 units but heres the catch 2 seperate mains 4 inch cast iron with a house trap on each line....also they want all therre drains in the basement and court yard done.........so 2 -4 inch mains ,2 stand pipes for the washing machines, 2 floor drains2 area drains in the court yard and 1-4" indirect trap line picking up 2 coolers and an ice machine ...the whole job takes me 2 hours but i low balled it at 325.00......i should have said 500.....lol

Comment

9 lines at $325? that lowball is in the dirt around here... two hours is humping too...hats off. Only way I could justify a price anywhere near that is the monthly thing, or if were layed out really nice and easy. Also, if the monthly doesn't last, they will still want you to do it quarterly or whatever at the same price. why on earth would any line need monthly cleaning? I'd probably charge $600-$700 and suggest quarterly cleanings. Better for both of you.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X