X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Question?

Maybe I shouldnt be asking this, but why not use a jetter as much as possible over snaking a line first?

Re: Silly Question?

That's what I do.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Jetting is great at restoring the pipe but on a total clog punching even a small hole thru helps a lot for when you come thru with the jetter that water has to go somewhere, but I am speaking of jetting inside drains not just outside. I have actually been trying to jet as much as possible but I am really working with 1 1/2 to 2" galvanized old Seattle in city drains.
      Bryce
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

jetting is usually a better way to clean the lines of soft debris. but it's typically more expensive and much more risky inside of buildings, especially when the line is already plugged.

i usually save jetting for preventative maintenance and for outside area drains.

if the customer doesn't mind spending a little extra, i will jet instead of snake.

jetting is much easier on long runs. i have some customers that need the better half of the 400' cable i have. especially when they are down hill through neighbors properties.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I try to jet everything! Cost is the main factor of not being able to jet the line, but it is the truest to properly clean and maintain a line.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

When you say cost, do you mean cause the service fee is more than snaking or a more costly machine to purchase?

Comment

Both because we have to pay for that big expensive tool
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

ive been looking to get a jetter..........but with that being said i think especially in the area we r from unless its an outside line like a catch basin a jetteer is a great choice but id personally snake the line first with an auger and then jet if nessasary.but youll have alot of water so....be careful...or have alot of insurance....lol

Comment

Working...
                X