X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rootx municipal questions

im doing a bid for the city i live in to apply rootx in a 1200' X 8"section of 100 year old clay. there are man holes every 270' i've done a couple lateral rootx treatments for them but this is pretty big. they hired a company to video and jet the line and now they want the root x. they dont have it in there budget to replace the sewer line. its in the historic downtown section, with a combination of resteraunts and retail. my questions are. im worried about liabilty, why dont they apply the root x themselves? (im not that good of salesman) they were threatened by building owner that if they didnt fix the problem they would sew them.(i dont want to be the fall guy) how would you guys apply the root x gravity?, jetter? vaccum? ive seen the video on all of them. im thinking of using my new pressure washer/ jetter with the root x fdu 100 foam dispersal unit. this is the direction i would like to take my company. i do alot of other work for the city also.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: rootx municipal questions

A job like that I think I would call Pootx and ask the tech people. That is exactly what they are there for and for the most part appreciate the inter-action.

http://www.rootx.com/municipalities/how_to_use.htm

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      A job like that I think I would call Pootx and ask the tech people. That is exactly what they are there for and for the most part appreciate the inter-action.

http://www.rootx.com/municipalities/how_to_use.htm

Mark
      that is EXCELLENT advice

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

ive talked to them they give a few different options i was just wondering what some of you guys have done
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

from what i remember it's applied with a special 50# set up incorporated into the end of a jetter hose/ nozzle.

not a job if your not set up to do it.

there is a local root x rep that does monitor this forum.

i just need to go back to my email to link it to him.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X