Best machine for large drains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best machine for large drains

I was just wondering what you guys have found to be the very best machine for line greater than 4"? I have a K-60 for my truck and a K 1500SP for my second truck. I just purchased a used K-1750 for $1500 on Craig's list. In my experience the K 60 is better at 8" drains than even the K1500sp as the 7/8 cable doesn't get wrapped up as much. What are you thoughts?

Re: Best machine for large drains

Your running a 7/8" cable in a 8" pipe?
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I had a case where I had the 1500 but forgot the bigger cutters. I went to a local place and figuring that most of my work is for 3" - 4" clean-outs purchased those size cutters. The 1 1/4 cable wrapped itself up when I hit the clog. I tried a few times with all kinds of 3" and 4" cutters and the same thing happened. Out of desperation, I thought that the smaller cable wouldn't get wrapped around. With some tinkering, I was able to get the clog with the K-60!

Comment

Trailer jetter with a warthog nozzle for the big lines.

You might to try the heavier wind or the innercore 1 1/4" cable for the 1500.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yet, the difference in price is only $10,000!!!

Comment

a 7/8s machine in a a line more that 4" (6" if the gods smile on you) is an invitation for disaster.

just my humble opinion as your mileage may vary

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

A Gas eel from Electric eel is a great machine on lines 8in and above. You can run 300ft on that thing and still tear up roots.
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I have an OLD oster (bought out by ridgid? I think) rodding machine that I use for anything greater than 6" this thing is a monster I agree with destroying roots at 300' out. I hope this thing never goes because if it does I know i cant get parts for it and it is going to be replaced with a k-1500. It runs 1-1/4" cable that i got when i bought the machine 2 years ago for $50 let me just say that thing has already paid for its replacement and then some!

Comment

My K-1500SP is meant for 10" line at 300' as well, and it comes in 15' sections, so it's easier for indoor use. I'm just wondering what everyone else carries. I really like Ridgid's line of stuff. I mean there has only been one or two drains that I have been unable to get with the K-1500sp and in one case it was ice in the line. The other was a double "y" so we needed to call a jetter to shoot backwards to shoot it out. Doesn't the Eel have 50' sections?

BTW - the 1500sp comes in a gas version as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    I have an OLD oster (bought out by ridgid? I think) rodding machine that I use for anything greater than 6" this thing is a monster I agree with destroying roots at 300' out. I hope this thing never goes because if it does I know i cant get parts for it and it is going to be replaced with a k-1500. It runs 1-1/4" cable that i got when i bought the machine 2 years ago for $50 let me just say that thing has already paid for its replacement and then some!

Is that 1 1/4 solid rod or flex cable?

Ridgid has a rodder but it costs a fortune and only runs on gas. They recommend it for 8" - 24" and it's mostly for man-holes.

BTW if you are getting a 1500 make sure it's an SP - that one has a full HP. Make sure you're getting C12 cable which is double thickness from the standard C11. I wrapped up a bunch of C11 on a busted pipe. The C12 is really tough.

Comment

it is solid core this unit is electic it is a monster ill have to post some pics next time im over at the shop havent used it since the fall. I mainly use it for pm on a customers area drains

Comment

the best machine is going to be the one that will properly clean the line.

cities typically go manhole to manhole with either a rodder or a jetter.

plumbers typically don't have manholes to run from. so a rodder is out of the question for non straight runs.

the proper size jetter is the answer. a 1750 electric jetter is fine on 2'' pipe and under.

anything 8'' and under can also be done with either a 7500 with 3/4'' cable or 1500 with 1.25'' and full size or expanding cutters.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X