X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartan 1065

jr. you and the rest of the gang will be glad to know that the president of the ridge tool company is one of us

from what i remember he was originally from the kollmann co.

hence the name ridgid/ kollmann.

so we will be able to talk shop with "fred" and he will be able to school us at our own game.

p.s. he's a sectional guy

oh, the roundup is going to be fun

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I got my 1065 in the 80's. It was brand new, and only used one time by a hotel's maintenance man. He got hung up and it dislocated his shoulder, ripped muscle and tore tendons. They gave it to me for free. Then I made a ton of money with it whenever they had a stoppage. The hotel was/is self insured and got stuck paying all his medical bills, and because he still couldn't work in maintenance any longer, they sent him to college. He majored in hospitality, and is now the GM, at one of the hotels I do work for.

Once, when I wasn't paying attention, that cable grabbed a gloved hand and flipped my 250 pounds over the cable and onto my fat *** in the blink of an eye.
      Luckily, a helper stopped the drum and rotated it back until I got free. No major damage but it hurt like hell for a month.

Comment

almost impossible to have a sectional do that. the clutch is instant acting.

we had a guy wrapping 10 mil tape on risers with a collins threadomatic machine and the tape grabbed his gloved hand breaking it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X