X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan 1065

I am selling my Spartan 1065 on Craig's and I know we don't have a formal classified section here but I felt obligated to let you all know because I would rather sell it to one of you first.

Here is the link:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/681211177.html

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Spartan 1065

Be very careful. I just got a guy who wanted to buy my general 82 and this was the first email he sent:

hello, I want to know if the item is available.

I told him it was and sent my phone number again just like in the original ad. This was his reply:

Hey

Thanks for your response to my mail. I hope it is in good condition like it states, I love to come view it but I'm not chanced to do that right now. I'll like you to remove the advert from web and consider this item that its sold, I'll be paying via Certified check. I need your name and Physical Address along with your phone number to issue the payment

I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have the check,Pls notice that the payment for the items will be overnight to your address asap VIA UPS SERVICE and i will get back to you with tracking number once my secretary made the payment out to you. i would appreciate that you will help save this for me till the payment arrives to your address and as it will save me some extra cost

***********Please kindly keep others buyer off***********

Regards

Total phishing scam. I've already reported it. First bad experience with craigslist.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have seen this in the past. I will not fall victim to this crap.

thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

jr, maybe if you bring it to the roundup, allclear might be interested.

maybe ridgid needs to dissect it and see what makes it tic

are you sure that you will not need it

a jetter can do a lot, but not practical for everything

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          jr, maybe if you bring it to the roundup, allclear might be interested.

maybe ridgid needs to dissect it and see what makes it tic

are you sure that you will not need it

a jetter can do a lot, but not practical for everything

rick.

I was thinking the same thing

I got a grudge against the 1065; it's the machine that caused my injury but it's my boss to blame, not me.

You'll have no trouble selling that machine.........only price will keep it going quickly.

If I was heavy into drain cleaning I'd do the 2001 for weight reasons but there's no gain if you're making numerous trips to the truck......if you break the drum down from the machine itself. Just switching my drums can be a challenge on the larger one.

My opinion?

Bad back, bad knees
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I have a 300 as well and I have an older 1065 I am going to rebuild and freshen up. I Rarely have used it and it is extremely heavy, takes up space and I need some other equipment that I can use more regularly.

I may be adding a second truck soon and I would like to have a 2001 on it rather than the 1065.

Besides, I will be taking a serious look at the k-60 at the Roundup.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post

make sure i give you a real hands on demo.

joey had a nice little conversation with the guys in san diego yesterday.

she is trying to get a "pink" k-60.

just a little bit of teasing, it's so simple a girl can do it

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I have a 300 as well and I have an older 1065 I am going to rebuild and freshen up. I Rarely have used it and it is extremely heavy, takes up space and I need some other equipment that I can use more regularly.

I may be adding a second truck soon and I would like to have a 2001 on it rather than the 1065.

So what's the deal with the 2001? looks like a nice machine but I know nothing about it other than it's spartans top machine now. The specs look the same though..

Comment

It's supposed to have a drum brake on it. Greg has one.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing

I got a grudge against the 1065; it's the machine that caused my injury but it's my boss to blame, not me.

You'll have no trouble selling that machine.........only price will keep it going quickly.

If I was heavy into drain cleaning I'd do the 2001 for weight reasons but there's no gain if you're making numerous trips to the truck......if you break the drum down from the machine itself. Just switching my drums can be a challenge on the larger one.

My opinion?

Bad back, bad knees
                    Dunbar, right on. The 1065 is more bulkier then the 2001, and you can break down the 2001 to get in tight places if need be.

10yr ago i had a 1065 fall dead on my hand and broke it. To this day i still have a lump on my hand.
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      It's supposed to have a drum brake on it. Greg has one.
                      It does have a break. But the main feature about it, is it is soooooooooo quiet compared to the 1065, also easier to manuever.

Its a very powerfull machine as well. It has the stair runners on the back of the cart, so it makes it easy taking it down steps.
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                        It does have a break. But the main feature about it, is it is soooooooooo quiet compared to the 1065, also easier to manuever.

Its a very powerfull machine as well. It has the stair runners on the back of the cart, so it makes it easy taking it down steps.
                        This is a newer 1065 that has the new permanent magnet motor on it so it is quiet (same motor that's on the 2001). Not like the old screamer on grew up running.

I cal answer a call while running this guy if I have to.

Comment

This is a newer 1065 that has the new permanent magnet motor on it so it is quiet (same motor that's on the 2001). Not like the old screamer on grew up running.

Sweet, i didnt know they put those motors on the 1065s. Your machine looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Be very careful. I just got a guy who wanted to buy my general 82 and this was the first email he sent:

hello, I want to know if the item is available.

I told him it was and sent my phone number again just like in the original ad. This was his reply:

Hey

Thanks for your response to my mail. I hope it is in good condition like it states, I love to come view it but I'm not chanced to do that right now. I'll like you to remove the advert from web and consider this item that its sold, I'll be paying via Certified check. I need your name and Physical Address along with your phone number to issue the payment

I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have the check,Pls notice that the payment for the items will be overnight to your address asap VIA UPS SERVICE and i will get back to you with tracking number once my secretary made the payment out to you. i would appreciate that you will help save this for me till the payment arrives to your address and as it will save me some extra cost

***********Please kindly keep others buyer off***********

Regards

Total phishing scam. I've already reported it. First bad experience with craigslist.

So the guy in Delhi just sent me a bad check ? And I cashed it on my checking account. I can't believe anyone would be dishonest. Especially on Craigs List.

sigpic

Comment

This is very good to know.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X