Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumber Rick On A Hot Tin Roof

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    That is because he can tell you every drive-thru in town his truck fits under, even though he doesn't have time to stop.
    Actually I was wondering if that square on his roof was a repair after one of those drive-thru in town he now knows he doesn't fit under.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

What's that big blue square on your truck?
      ben, that big blue square is actually a portion of the american flag.

after 9/11, joey and i hand made a 8' x 12' flag on top of my truck. we used colored vinyl hand cut and spaced to scale. the stars were hand cut with a cookie cutter as a pattern.

from a house, you could typically see the flag as the truck would be parked in the street.

from a building, it stands out nice. the red has faded over the years and i still have a roll of red i can re-cut.

if the truck ever came up missing, it would be easy to spot from the air.

joey actually climbed a ladder to help on top of my truck that's 9'2'' high.

first and last time joey climbed on top of my truck.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Actually I was wondering if that square on his roof was a repair after one of those drive-thru in town he now knows he doesn't fit under.

Mark
        How did you know?
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          Hey Rick I thought only my dash board was that messy. I actually cleaned it yesterday now I can't see my front seat.
          actually what you don't really see is a 7'' back up monitor and a gps.

the white blob is a hat and there are a couple of safety/ sun glasses too.

no parts to fly and smack you

there are a couple of parking permits for buildings too.

how much did you zoom in

My sewer machine works good and I should get a jetter instead of a K60, but dang does that thing look handy. I could see just from the weight issue it could be my machine of choice.
          a jetter from the roof could be messy. with roots, you need a decent gpm. since there should should be a person inside the house to monitor the flow or lack of flow, you could get in trouble by yourself.

a ground level c/o would be better for a jetter in this case.

a k-60 in the truck will make all your drum machine jealous. you probably will have to let the k-60 ride in the front seat with you

same reason why my k-60 is sharing the hotel room with me at the roundup

marks roundup preperation video explains it all.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

with no guide hose I wonder Rick do you ever damage the flashings or the roof?
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              with no guide hose I wonder Rick do you ever damage the flashings or the roof?
              the trick is to not let the cable hang over the edge of the roof. this can damage the edge metal flashing or leading edge of the shingle.

95% of my sectional jobs don't require a guide hose.

it's the ivy or plants that you have to be careful with.

if i need the guide hose, it's slows me down 30 seconds a section, coming and going each way. plus the trip to carry it up and down.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Now come Rick who is fooling who the person on the roof with he K60 with the base ball cap and sun glasses and the person making the milk on his penthouse roof with the base ball cap is not the person who`s avatar which appears on all rick`s posts.
                Are their two Ricks the out door Rick and in door Rick will the real Rick please stand up and show himself.

PS
                I notice you don't use a guide hose on your K60

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  Now come Rick who is fooling who the person on the roof with he K60 with the base ball cap and sun glasses and the person making the milk on his penthouse roof with the base ball cap is not the person who`s avatar which appears on all rick`s posts.
                  Are their two Ricks the out door Rick and in door Rick will the real Rick please stand up and show himself.

PS
                  I notice you don't use a guide hose on your K60

Tony
                  i would answer that, but you need to check with the other rick

otherwise you might think that i can be at 2 places at 1 time.

on my jobs, if i don't need a guide hose, i don't use one. as long as there are no wires, plants, ivy, or anything else that can get grabbed or dirty, i avoid it.

on the 5/8'' cable that's 7.5' long, i use a 5 gallon bucket if need be. but typically i use my hand to keep it off the floor indoors.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    interesting that a spartan 300 only carries 75' of usable 5/8'' cable and my k-60 runs 7/8'' cable. i carry over 225' of 7/8'' on the truck and my back doesn't hurt. barley broke out a sweat.

so yes, you have a big heavy machine to go along with a bad back.

and i have a machine that 1 person can take on a roof, run out as much cable as i need and finish before you can drag that machine up and down. not to mention how you keep it from rolling off the roof with the drum spinning.

how do i know this

my spartan 300 is sitting outside in my shed.
                    never made it to the shop

but then again you don't know as you've never owned a k-60.

rick.
                    Yeah but the Spartan 300 does a much better job than any sectional machine.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                      How do you know if you've never tried it? We thought we were gonna meet you at the roadshow for a demo
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post

you continue to think that way,

while the rest of us have a good laugh.

too bad you won't be at the round up.

i let you prove it to me as we cut 1x6 boards with the 1500 sectional machine.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

well my K-7500 does a much better job than any sectional machine and when I want to cut 1x6 boards I use my saw
                          ROTFLMAO

BTW...Rick we can now get our old cable I just ordered a new cable with the Teflon Inner Core but I got my eye on the Wire Inner Core. They cut me a deal to try the Teflon first.
                          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 05-21-2008, 02:12 AM.
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

...i just noticed that do you have on mis-matched gloves??......lol......also i see it looks like you have on Red Wing boots!!....VERY COMFORTABLE!!.....they are more expensive but worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                              ...i just noticed that do you have on mis-matched gloves??......lol......also i see it looks like you have on Red Wing boots!!....VERY COMFORTABLE!!.....they are more expensive but worth it!!
                              One step at a time! I am glad he has on gloves and glasses.

Those aren't Red Wings though-he doesn't own any. They are Merrill's
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how he conned Joey into getting on the roof to take the picture.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X