Plumber Rick On A Hot Tin Roof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Rick On A Hot Tin Roof

actually it's a hot copper roof. today it was 93 in l.a.

had a call to preventative snake out a sewer main. they were having a baby shower with 80 people and didn't want an issue to pop up

last time i was there was in 6 months ago. so i already knew where the access was and how far out the roots were based on that stoppage.

the roof is actually a composition with a copper cladding on the surface. all hand nailed with copper roofing nails.

set up my little giant ladder and carried my k-60 with 75' of 7/8'' and 3'' spiral root saw to the hot copper roof.

ran the 3'' cutter down the 3'' vent to hit the first set of known roots at 37'. easy to know distance since the sections are 15' each.

then continued to the city connection at 60'

all cleaned up and invoiced in 1 hour.

removing a toilet is not feasible since both pit bulls were in the house for the party prep

i also probed for a future sewer clean out in front.

took a few photos of me sweating on the hot tin roof

rick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-18-2008, 12:19 AM. Reason: enlarged photo
    phoebe it is

Re: Plumber Rick On A Hot Tin Roof

Shame on you, no safety harness and rope.... You must have a mattress on the ground, to break your fall, right...

God, that back ground is so green, I miss green...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I had a mainline roof job today also. I didn't use some sissy little sectional machine though, more like a big heavy Spartan 300 that required an extra drum of cable because the stoppage was very far out. My back still hurts.

BTW try to run the 300 on that roof behind you, been there done that.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
        I had a mainline roof job today also. I didn't use some sissy little sectional machine though, more like a big heavy Spartan 300 that required an extra drum of cable because the stoppage was very far out. My back still hurts.

BTW try to run the 300 on that roof behind you, been there done that.
        interesting that a spartan 300 only carries 75' of usable 5/8'' cable and my k-60 runs 7/8'' cable. i carry over 225' of 7/8'' on the truck and my back doesn't hurt. barley broke out a sweat.

so yes, you have a big heavy machine to go along with a bad back.

and i have a machine that 1 person can take on a roof, run out as much cable as i need and finish before you can drag that machine up and down. not to mention how you keep it from rolling off the roof with the drum spinning.

how do i know this

my spartan 300 is sitting outside in my shed.
        never made it to the shop

but then again you don't know as you've never owned a k-60.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Well at least your not wearing sneakers this time
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Hey Rick I thought only my dash board was that messy. I actually cleaned it yesterday now I can't see my front seat.

My sewer machine works good and I should get a jetter instead of a K60, but dang does that thing look handy. I could see just from the weight issue it could be my machine of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              actually it's a hot copper roof. today it was 93 in l.a.

had a call to preventative snake out a sewer main. they were having a baby shower with 80 people and didn't want an issue to pop up

last time i was there was in 6 months ago. so i already knew where the access was and how far out the roots were based on that stoppage.

the roof is actually a composition with a copper cladding on the surface. all hand nailed with copper roofing nails.

set up my little giant ladder and carried my k-60 with 75' of 7/8'' and 3'' spiral root saw to the hot copper roof.

ran the 3'' cutter down the 3'' vent to hit the first set of known roots at 37'. easy to know distance since the sections are 15' each.

then continued to the city connection at 60'

all cleaned up and invoiced in 1 hour.

removing a toilet is not feasible since both pit bulls were in the house for the party prep

i also probed for a future sewer clean out in front.

took a few photos of me sweating on the hot tin roof

rick.

Ummmm who took the picture of you on the roof???

I know you didnt risk the life of someone else so you could capture your geek moment with the K60

And i really hope you didnt set the camera up there and timed picture that.

You would really earn the Geek award for that one
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                Ummmm who took the picture of you on the roof???

I know you didnt risk the life of someone else so you could capture your geek moment with the K60

And i really hope you didnt set the camera up there and timed picture that.

You would really earn the Geek award for that one
                You know how much they like looking over your shoulder with the guise of being helpfull.

Job I did last year had the homeowner dig and backfill cause he wanted to save money.
                They are all over the place.

Oh don't worry Greg,after the roundup no-one's going to contest who's the MVP of team dweeb

Comment

Might want to try cool vests. I used these when I did residential ac in an attic. They're just lightweight vest that you place gel ice packs in. The better ones are from military stores to be placed under the bullet proof vest. Really helps out.

What's that big blue square on your truck?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

93? weve still got pockets of snow on the ground!

Comment

Rick that's a great picture. One thing I notice! You are in great shape. Thats' because You are doing the work Your self,not sending out 5 trucks each day. Also, that can make one old ,eating their liver. Still doing the same at 65,and feeling great, with My new stainless steel Ridgid stent. Was giving out My plumbing to a plumber, after operation. Mistake! Back doing my own ,and Happy
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Might want to try cool vests. I used these when I did residential ac in an attic. They're just lightweight vest that you place gel ice packs in. The better ones are from military stores to be placed under the bullet proof vest. Really helps out.

What's that big blue square on your truck?
                        It's a handicap sticker.
                        Traffic control is starting to use air servailance

Good Job Rick,keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                          Well at least your not wearing sneakers this time
                          He never wears sneakers He wears Merrill's

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Rick that's a great picture. One thing I notice! You are in great shape. Thats' because You are doing the work Your self,not sending out 5 trucks each day. Also, that can make one old ,eating their liver. Still doing the same at 65,and feeling great, with My new stainless steel Ridgid stent. Was giving out My plumbing to a plumber, after operation. Mistake! Back doing my own ,and Happy
                          Tool, the problem is he is rotting from the inside out
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Tool, the problem is he is rotting from the inside out
                            That's because you spoil him.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              That's because you spoil him.

Mark
                              That is because he can tell you every drive-thru in town his truck fits under, even though he doesn't have time to stop.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X