X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machine wins

Got a call from a commercial customer today. Had the Mr. drain cleaning people out there. Tech from there used the much talked about K60

Went out, saw the cable from the K60 hanging out of the pipe, and no water coming out of the storm line from the building. Now it has been raining for the last 2 days now. Checked the roof, there was about 8inches of water on top of the roof.

Used a pair of 6ft grapplers (pictures of grapplers coming soon for PlumberRick). Pulled the cable out, and pulled out 2 caulking tubes from the 4in pipe.

Still no water after cable removal and debris removal. Used the Spartan 100 with cutter, fed it up the pipe and BAM! cleared the blockage. The pictures show how fast it was coming out

20mins total job time
    Attached Files
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: Drum machine wins

How do we know it wasn't just operator error?

It was a sucker bet putting you up against Mr. drain cleaning guy to begin with

I don't think this was a fair test, but you still did a good job
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Got a call from a commercial customer today. Had the Mr. drain cleaning people out there. Tech from there used the much talked about K60

Went out, saw the cable from the K60 hanging out of the pipe, and no water coming out of the storm line from the building. Now it has been raining for the last 2 days now. Checked the roof, there was about 8inches of water on top of the roof.

Used a pair of 6ft grapplers (pictures of grapplers coming soon for PlumberRick). Pulled the cable out, and pulled out 2 caulking tubes from the 4in pipe.

Still no water after cable removal and debris removal. Used the Spartan 100 with cutter, fed it up the pipe and BAM! cleared the blockage. The pictures show how fast it was coming out

20mins total job time

that looks like my husbands machine

Comment

You sure you weren't snaking the sprinkler system?

Nice gusher
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          You sure you weren't snaking the sprinkler system?

Nice gusher
          LOL i was scared to death, but i checked the roof and the water was draining.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

So... if the broken cable and 2 caulk tubes weren't stopping the storm drain up, what was?!
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
              So... if the broken cable and 2 caulk tubes weren't stopping the storm drain up, what was?!

All the leaves and debris that caught on the tubes.

Comment

Not taking anything away from you Greg but that guy was an idiot. You could of given him your spartan 100 and he still wouldn't be able to get that line clear. Other peoples children.

Did you get wet when the water came down?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

first thing greg did when he cleared the line was to call me and we had a good laugh

i've tried to break a 7/8'' sectional cable. i couldn't even with a come along.

greg, i take it you had to snake up to line to the roof?

how far up/ vertical did you go for it to clear?

surprised the roof didn't collapse

was there a secondary overflow drain to protect the roof?

good job greg

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    first thing greg did when he cleared the line was to call me and we had a good laugh

i've tried to break a 7/8'' sectional cable. i couldn't even with a come along.

greg, i take it you had to snake up to line to the roof?

how far up/ vertical did you go for it to clear?

surprised the roof didn't collapse

was there a secondary overflow drain to protect the roof?

good job greg

rick.

The main clog after pulling out the tubes and debris was at the sweep.

It was cast coming out of the wall, galvanized pipe in the building and up to the roof.

There was a second drain on the roof, but on the other side of the roof, and the main pitch was pitched to the drain i was working on.

I only had to go about a Ft and a half up till the head pressure cleared the clog and pushed my cable right back out LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Not taking anything away from you Greg but that guy was an idiot. You could of given him your spartan 100 and he still wouldn't be able to get that line clear. Other peoples children.

Did you get wet when the water came down?

Ya your right, i chalk this one up to either stupidity, or not enough experience, and i did admit that one to Rick, but.........Its still fun to get the pot stirred every once in awhile

Comment

is your machine rated NEMA 4? LOL
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                        X