X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly jetter question

i just ordered 1/8" jetter hose whats the best way to do quick disconnects so everything is compatible? and do they make 1/4" female threads X 3/8" quick connect? do you guys use foot valves or ball valves?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: silly jetter question

the 22mm. twist connectors are the same size for 1/4'' or 3/8'' threads. this makes it simple to interconnect. plus the o-ring last longer in the 22mm twist than they do in the quick disconnects.

i use both 22mm and quick connects. i have adapters for every possible connection. you can make them up as needed.

a foot valve is a safety dead mans valve. plus it frees up both hands.

much less expensive is a spray wand without the wand. install a quick connect on the end on the gun and you have an inexpensive valve.$20.

a foot valve is $120.00

i use the foot valves more than the gun valve. but the gun valve is great for simple short runs and then i can install a spray nozzle onto it real fast.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I don't use any valve on the high pressure side... if it is running, it is flowing... can see it would be nice to be able to cut flow without having to go back to the machine... I've had to bolt pell mell for the van more than once. Do you run into water overheating problems by pumping it over the bypass?. How long can you let it run with valve shut before you do? I've got so used to my setup I've done away with the unloader altogether on one machine... control pressure with rpm. I think for $100 more I'd go with the foot pedal and put the unloader back in... less stuff to manage.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

thanks guys where is a good place to pick up those adapters? ive found some package deals online, reel 100' hose foot valve and adapters that sort of thing are they worth it?
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

try water cannon.

www.watercannon.com

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X