X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: root ranger for sale

Saw the video thanks to aaron. Pretty impressive.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i like it

actually the rpm's are slower than i thought. that's a good thing.

my rotary nozzle is real fast for cleaning concrete.

the slower the rpm, the better the cutting. more cutting, less spraying.

thanks for the video, gene.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

well if work is slow you can work for the lumber co debarking trees for them
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          well if work is slow you can work for the lumber co debarking trees for them
          When I was a kid we built this house, sort of a log cabin. One of the worst jobs was debarking all the ceder by hand, wish I had the root ranger then.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i like it

actually the rpm's are slower than i thought. that's a good thing.

my rotary nozzle is real fast for cleaning concrete.

the slower the rpm, the better the cutting. more cutting, less spraying.

thanks for the video, gene.

rick.
            actually the rpm's are quite high, so fast in fact, the camera doesn't pick it all up so the rotary action looks different in person.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              so thats the root ranger in action? thats a 3gpm jetter?? how thick is that branch??

thanks for your answers
              3.5 gal jetter

branch is pine about 3" od. tore the bark right off but left the wood as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Works fine for me...pretty cool

Now I'm worried the thing will burn a hole in my hose
                I've been wondering the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  actually the rpm's are quite high, so fast in fact, the camera doesn't pick it all up so the rotary action looks different in person.
                  interesting illusion.

then the nozzle is pretty much the same design as what i use for cleaning concrete. makes a big wining noise and moves a lot of air.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    3.5 gal jetter

branch is pine about 3" od. tore the bark right off but left the wood as smooth as a baby's bottom.
                    remember gene, the nozzle will be touching the roots and have the most impact at the point of contact. also when was the last time we encountered 3'' roots that were dried like a log.

the normal stuff we encounter is alive and soft tissue. not a tree trunk

i'm more concerned with it pulling through a 4'' 1/4 bend.

will it do 3'' straight pipe?

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Root RAnger
                      3" Straight = YES
                      3" With bends = lots of wrestling with the hose to get it running out and same to bring it back.
                      Since I got my new 3/8 red hose my Warthog just goes out and comes back with ease!
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda,
                        Have you noticed any pitting or premature ware on you hose from using the root ranger?

Comment

No I have not, nothing bad but it does spray only backward so it will shine the hose a little, question do you use the hose directly into the unit or do you use the supplied steel piece for doing 6" lines?
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Paper says extension is to stabilize in a 6 or 8" line and never go in over 8". I'm thinking this is due to the head turning itself around and shooting back out to you. This is one of the biggest causes for jetting related injury.
                            To answer your question, Yes, I will be using the extension.
                            Today was going to be test day but so far we are getting rained out.

Comment

What size line and what size hose and how long come to mind as they all work hand in hand. The root ranger and your machine size are perfect but then it comes down to the length and pipe size you are doing since you are in Maine your jobs and mine are probably different since I am in the city usually doing short runs to the sewer. I have now increased my hose size to 1/2" to get full flow with my machine at 10 gmp but with my 5gpm machine on 3-4" lines I found 3/8 worked great! and even 1/4" hose did well but it was hard to make loops with to get past bends and offsets.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X