X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tools do you have?

Just curious what other tools (and brand) beside your drain cleaning tools you carry with you? Any special clean out plug wrenches that you can't live without?? Biggest pipe wrench you need??
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: What tools do you have?

My special clean out plug wrench is a chisel and a 3lbs hammer
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i have a full set of perfecto clean out sockets that include a 3/4'' drive bar and right angle wrench.

allows me to get into cabinets and recessed walls and floors.

ridgid use to make a 1/2'' drive 14'' equivalent style wrench.

i have that and it's great for removing nipples from cabinets. 1/2'' water stubs to 1.5'' waste pipes.

i keep a 24'' on the truck with a cheater

the 36 and 48 stay at the shop.

and when the going gets tuff, i have a 72'' underground wrench. looks like a pipe vise on a 2'' telescoping drive bar. made for 2 people to turn. it also drives the 2'' square corporation stops inside of vaults and street lids.

rick.

pasco c/o wrench looks like a 4 sided jack.
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-24-2008, 01:07 PM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I don't really carry tools on my truck anymore but I do have a K-60 and K-39 as well as a couple of SeeSnakes. I also carry a ton of locators and meters to test about everything you can think of. As far as hand tools I carry some channel locks, screw drivers, crescent wrenches and the perfecto products cleanout plug wrench set and valve operator set. Then I also carry a variety of transits, auto levels and tape measures from 12' to 300'.

Not on my truck but in my shop I have pipe wrenches from 6" through 60" which include not just straight wrenches but also end, offset and compound in both steel and aluminum. My cutters go from a mini cutter all the way up to 4" iron pipe. Then there are extractors, reamers, taps tri stand vices. pipe stands, a couple of 300s, a geared threader, universal drives, companion flange ratching wrench and so on.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I just did a search of perfecto products. Thats a nice looking set, looks like it covers most everything, but I didn't find a price. Whats the going rate for the set with out the right angle?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            I just did a search of perfecto products. Thats a nice looking set, looks like it covers most everything, but I didn't find a price. Whats the going rate for the set with out the right angle?
            It's been a while but as I recall it was around $250.00 without the handle.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hand tools- channel locks, allen keys, screw drivers, torque wrench, file, hammer, chisel, nut drivers, hack saw, pvc saw, mini hacksaw, tape measure, inverted brass cap tool, flashlights, nut spliter, level, basin wrench, pipe wrenches, sockets, open end wrenches, some others i cant remember

Mics. tools - Manhole popper, Tile probe, toilet auger, trap plungers, grapplers, plungers

machines- Spartan 2001, 100, 81 Ridgid K60

Cameras- Seesnake Compact (100ft) Seesnake mini color (200ft)

Locators- Geneye reciever, leak detection equip, Radiodetection

shop vac- Ridgid shopvac, Stinger vac

machine gloves, rubber gloves, working gloves, booties, rain gear, yellow rubber boots, hard hats, rags, cleaner, etc.....
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I for some reason get the feeling O/P does not want to hear my arsenal of const. tools(no matter how extravagant).

Comment

Robert has:

Seesnake big reel and little reel, both black and white, 1 camera monitor

Ridgid scout locator

I think the same what greg has spartan 100

propress

some orange looking mushroom. i think it is for kitchen stoppages

Some tripod..

ladders

gloves,schubees

wirsbo kit i just got him

micro snake

and my picture on the visor

if that is not it then he'll ad some more..

Comment

jet sweat kit btank, hand tools close to what others have posted, lots of power and cordless tools 10- 24" pipe wreches assorted speciality tools, and i love them all

Comment

24" pipe wrench is the biggest I carry. I carry a Wap 8 gallon wet/dry vac that I love. I also got a four foot step latter that is very handy.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        I for some reason get the feeling O/P does not want to hear my arsenal of const. tools(no matter how extravagant).
                        Why not? If it will take all day to type, then you don't have to LOL!

Thanks for all that posted! I'm getting some ideas of tools that I don't have yet!
                        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                          Why not? If it will take all day to type, then you don't have to LOL!

Thanks for all that posted! I'm getting some ideas of tools that I don't have yet!
                          It's a good thing Mrs.Seatdown isn't hear to read your post.She'd be
                          frothing at the bit to take a shot.
                          It takes me five minutes to type "screwdriver"

Comment

Tools?
                            Brains, good looks

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              Tools?
                              Brains, good looks
                              What is it that your wife does?