X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I caught

Customers toilet and shower stopped up. The lav was draining fine.

Stoppage was between the toilet and the shower.

Customer wasn't able to afford a huge bill, so I figured I would try it from the shower drain, it was close, I knew this.

So I ran my top snake, 1/4" hollow core cable, down, about 13-15', pop it and pull this back

Paper Towels!!
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Look what I caught

I don't look at those when I pull them out now you made me look at it online. lol
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

funny as i thought the screwdriver was part of the find.

i had planter drains last couple of weeks and i did have a screwdriver that was mixed in with the roots. it must have been dropped when the maintenance guy was trying open the strainer on the floor drain.

truthfully i think there are plenty more paper towels in that 3'' or 4'' line that might still plug. same as baby wipes.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        funny as i thought the screwdriver was part of the find.

i had planter drains last couple of weeks and i did have a screwdriver that was mixed in with the roots. it must have been dropped when the maintenance guy was trying open the strainer on the floor drain.

truthfully i think there are plenty more paper towels in that 3'' or 4'' line that might still plug. same as baby wipes.

rick.

I have two jobs......and I'm not saying where......a screwdriver and also the rubber boot are down in floor drains next to the furnace....couldn't retrieve either and wasn't about to tell on myself.

I shop vac'd both....neither were attainable. Only thing running down those drains would be condensate but I'm assuming years before they clog.....and I'm sure they'll be sent down the line......but they better be thorough like to the main!

I'm still an angel to the profession.
        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-28-2008, 10:06 AM.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I have two jobs......and I'm not saying where......a screwdriver and also the rubber boot are down in floor drains next to the furnace....couldn't retrieve either and wasn't about to tell on myself.

I shop vac'd both....neither were attainable. Only thing running down those drains would be condensate but I'm assuming years before they clog.....and I'm sure they'll be sent down the line......but they better be thorough like to the main!

I'm still an angel to the profession.
          So if it clogs. . . do you snake for free? You know what everything got hung up on to plug it
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Once I cleared it, I flushed a half a roll of toilet paper down the toilet, in about 6-8 flushes, and I ran the shower for approx 10 mins.

I know I cleared it, and I will keep you all posted. If it stops up again, I will post what I pull out again.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              So if it clogs. . . do you snake for free? You know what everything got hung up on to plug it

If they remember me years from now!

Since it's a floor drain at the furnace.....neither gets much activity so I don't expect anything for years and years and years.

Oh without a doubt.....I have sinned.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

pqper towel, tampons, kleenex, bwby/personal wipes, dental floss, q-tips, condoms, etc are ALL your friends

i have a REGULAR client that still flushes clorox type wipes. when 1st called out to her 2M+ house she freely admitted flushing these down. as i tried to explain why it was a bad idea she interupted me with, "young man the TV ads say they are flushable". i tried again to show her on the package it said no such thing and was again told what was what. on the 3rd interuption i just said, "yes ma'am" and gave her my card and said if you have any more problems just call me.

i go back about 4-5 times a year and remove the offending FLUSHABLE towels, she pays the bill and i go about my merry way.

gotta love those you can't educate and have the $$ to be ignorant or blind

steve

oh, and i too thought the screwdriver was part of the blockage....heehee
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

steve, the thing i explain to the owner, is the package might say flushable?

yes they will flush through the toilet. but the issue is not in the toilet. it's in the sewer pipe. the manufacturer can't guarantee the integrity of your sewer lines.

this usually gives them an insight to the issue.

but if they want to pay you to take out the trash, so be it

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    steve, the thing i explain to the owner, is the package might say flushable?

yes they will flush through the toilet. but the issue is not in the toilet. it's in the sewer pipe. the manufacturer can't guarantee the integrity of your sewer lines.

this usually gives them an insight to the issue.

but if they want to pay you to take out the trash, so be it

rick.
                    singing to the choir on this one Rick

after the 3rd interruption i just decided i have a ca$h cow here and shut up. she's happy to see me every couple of months, pays and is happy. also, she insists i do a good job and must be there at least an hour. usually the blockage is cleared in 15 minutes so i run all the way to the septic, use a ton of water cleaning the cables off and pack up slowly so she gets her hours worth.

ever notice how wealthy and goofy sometimes go hand in hand?

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

That looks like a keeper for sure. My wife just seen me looking at that picture and she looked at me funny.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Robert, remind me never to go fishing with you

Comment

Working...
                        X