X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-9 cables (k-50)

Have anyone used C-9 cables with their k-50 for main lines out to 125' ? How well does it works? Reason for asking,my k-60 quit working two days ago. I have not had time to take it to the repair shop yet,and I dislike the ideal of taking either a k-75 or a1500 on a roof again,and more to the point I no longer like doing it by myself.So if anyone has used c-9 cables with their k-50,will you mind sharing your expertise ? Thanks in advance,Kenneth.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Re: c-9 cables (k-50)

It has been years since I did sewer rodding work, but the last time I tried to clear a main sewer on a house with 5/8 cable I got it stuck into a ball of roots so bad the cable knotted up inside the sewer and we had to dig it up to get the cable out.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

I would recommend to use a pvc pipe going to the vent with a 7/8 or 1 1/4" cable. I learned this technique from All clear sewer and it worked great the couple times I had to use it.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

kennith, what's wrong with the k-60?

it's a pretty basic design.

does it run?, make noise, slip, no power?

you might be able to fix it yourself with a little guidance

the heavy duty 5/8'' cable is rated for 4'' lines. i've never tried to run anything but the standard 5/8'' cable.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Guys, Killertolietsspider--I have had that happen before.-------------Gear J--unkie ,I might try that,been thinking of trying it for 12 yrs. or so.Just never have.---------------------Plumber Rick-The machine quit While I was using it,trying to free up a hung 3/4" cable(50') in a C.O. Motor will not come on. Tried to reset Thermal reset button.So far,nothing. On an out side note,Goodluck to all at the roundup.I was Hoping to make it.Maybe another time.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X