Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oooop's Sdr 17 45

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to check if N.C. allows it. We don't allow a Fernco type coupling underground.

J.C.

Nothing will glue to the pipe, the fernco is the best band for this installation.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

With all respect due, if I installed PE pipe with a Fernco for a sewer line here, I would be told to remove it. Period.

J.C.

Comment

i'm curious to know what caused the line to squeeze at those 2 locations?

i've done plenty of lines with 45's and sdr17 is real tuff stuff. you can hit it with a sledge hammer and not damage it

in fact when i'm finished and run a camera through, you can't even see where the 45 was.

the 45's are turned into real long radius sweeps.

was there anything in the ditch that was pressing on these 2 bad spots?

is it possible that this was a 90 and not a 45 bend?

you have a 45 and 22 to bring it together.

i've done as many as 3 -45's on 1 pull.

what happened to the original installer?

nice photos

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

As Robert posted it is legal under the UPC (IS 26-2003). It is also legal under the IPC (Table 702.3).

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks Mark. I'll have to back up and check myself.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i'm curious to know what caused the line to squeeze at those 2 locations?

i've done plenty of lines with 45's and sdr17 is real tuff stuff. you can hit it with a sledge hammer and not damage it

in fact when i'm finished and run a camera through, you can't even see where the 45 was.

the 45's are turned into real long radius sweeps.

was there anything in the ditch that was pressing on these 2 bad spots? I dug, as you can see, around the pipe, nothing was in the way, pressing the pipe,

is it possible that this was a 90 and not a 45 bend? I believe there was possibly a comby there. I found some of it

you have a 45 and 22 to bring it together. Unable to get a 1/4 bend to work properly, was barely able to get the 1/8th and 22 to work.

i've done as many as 3 -45's on 1 pull. I too have pulled through 1/8 bends and even 1/4 bend's, no problem.

what happened to the original installer? I am sure the new owners will be in contact with you. Kidding, not sure, no one knows who did the installation...these are new owners, I am sure they will contact the previous owner.

nice photos thank you, can't wait for you all to see the video!!!

rick.

I guess I have to add more, so it will post It said my message is to short.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Yes it is, I had a heck of a time cleaning out the old cast iron.

When I did trenchless pipe bursting, pulling through cast was horrible, we would have to break the pipe at the RAM, because it would not split like clay.

Still, there is no reason not to run a camera after the job to check your work.

only had this happen 1 time as the soil was too soft and the splitting head got caught up in 2 hubs 6'' apart. i actually pulled out the entire 55' sections including a wye with a brass plug

had to use a single jack to bust the hubs before the pulley.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I guess I have to add more, so it will post It said my message is to short.
                  It does not count the text you include in other's posts.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    only had this happen 1 time as the soil was too soft and the splitting head got caught up in 2 hubs 6'' apart. i actually pulled out the entire 55' sections including a wye with a brass plug

had to use a single jack to bust the hubs before the pulley.

rick.

exactly, the single jack works perfect, between the posts and the plate protecting the RAM
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      It does not count the text you include in other's posts.

Mark

Thanks

Actually, I replied in red, and it wouldn't post it.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks

Actually, I replied in red, and it wouldn't post it.
                        Yes but your red text was counted as Rick's text because it was in his quoted post.

Mark

Comment

I'm starting to suspect there's good reason drain cleaning is such a big part of a plumbers job in other states.
                          This came up in conversation with another member on the phone recently.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            I'm starting to suspect there's good reason drain cleaning is such a big part of a plumbers job in other states.
                            This came up in conversation with another member on the phone recently.

It's called "foot in the door" aren't you sleepy yet?
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

It's called "foot in the door" aren't you sleepy yet?
                              It's only 7:30 here...remember...I'm 3 hours behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                                It's only 7:30 here...remember...I'm 3 hours behind you.

lol..really...what r u doing up?

rob used to live during the night and sleep during the dayor..he just stayed awake 24/7...don't remeber how it was before he met me

Comment

Working...
                                X