Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Name for business Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Name for business

    Since I'm very close to starting my drain cleaning business, I'm wondering what name is more "professional" in the eyes of other plumbers, drain cleaners and even what you think customers would think.

    I didn't want to start a poll in case someone else had some other option to add.

    Here are the choices that I thought of:

    Atlas Drain Cleaning
    Atlas Sewer Service (I just noticed the abbreviation of the business would be A.S.S. LOL!)
    Aaron's Sewer Service (Abbreviation is also A.S.S.)
    Aaron's Drain Cleaning

    Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

    Plumbing Reviews

  • #2
    Re: Name for business

    I would go with the Atlas Drain Cleaning. It gets you in the front of others alphabetically and you don't have to use your name. When I first started my plumbing business I just used my name as that was the name I got my license under. The problem I soon discovered was everyone who called asked for "Mark" regardless of what they wanted.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Name for business

      How about:

      Atlas Sewer and Drain.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Name for business

        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I would go with the Atlas Drain Cleaning. It gets you in the front of others alphabetically and you don't have to use your name. When I first started my plumbing business I just used my name as that was the name I got my license under. The problem I soon discovered was everyone who called asked for "Mark" regardless of what they wanted.

        Mark
        Hmmmm.... I will probably be a one man crew, but I'm sure I would have some problems if I had my name in the business name.

        Thanks for the input, Mark

        Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        How about:

        Atlas Sewer and Drain.
        Genius! I'll have to consider that, too. Thanks
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

        Plumbing Reviews

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Name for business

          Atlas Drain & Sewer-You can trust your plumbing in our hands
          I love my plumber

          "My Hero"

          Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Name for business

            Atlas Drain Cleaning of the choices given. i'd probably go with something like Atlas Drain Services as it gives leeway for other facets like inspection,etc. but then again my company name is SewerSnake.

            finding/picking the best company name is a tough call. good luck with it and the new venture

            steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Name for business

              Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
              Hmmmm.... I will probably be a one man crew, but I'm sure I would have some problems if I had my name in the business name.

              Thanks for the input, Mark
              Even as a one man shop if you have you wife or an answering service answering your call they will assume ever call you get is personal because they are asking for Aaron. You would likely get to know the AT&T sales people and what not really well.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Name for business

                Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                Atlas Drain & Sewer-You can trust your plumbing in our hands
                I won't be doing plumbing work, but I hope to start my own plumbing business within a few years if I feel like I can take on more work. Plus, I want to get my license, etc. before even sticking my fingers in that cookie jar
                YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

                Plumbing Reviews

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Name for business

                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Atlas Drain & Sewer-You can trust your plumbing in our hands

                  Got one better:


                  DRAINS BY ATLAS INC.

                  "Where your brown never makes us frown"



                  When a customer sees the words or names of anything at the beginning of the alphabet...mainly A..

                  The customer knows what you're up to......whether you are truly a legit company with a true name like adam or atlas.


                  Starting your company with a D.......especially drains is a good move because it drops you down......gets you in a name that denotes your profession before your company alias to be known by.

                  You beat the competition because you're forcing the customer to name your company by the work you do.......which is unusual.......and makes you stand out against your competition.

                  At least that's my take on it if I was in the situation to start another company in the trade of plumbing systems.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Name for business

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Even as a one man shop if you have you wife or an answering service answering your call they will assume ever call you get is personal because they are asking for Aaron. You would likely get to know the AT&T sales people and what not really well.

                    Mark
                    Ah! Gotcha! Makes perfect sense. Thanks again, Mark
                    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

                    Plumbing Reviews

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Name for business

                      Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      Atlas Drain Cleaning of the choices given. i'd probably go with something like Atlas Drain Services as it gives leeway for other facets like inspection,etc. but then again my company name is SewerSnake.

                      finding/picking the best company name is a tough call. good luck with it and the new venture

                      steve
                      Thanks, Steve. Very much appreciated

                      Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Got one better:


                      DRAINS BY ATLAS INC.

                      "Where your brown never makes us frown"



                      When a customer sees the words or names of anything at the beginning of the alphabet...mainly A..

                      The customer knows what you're up to......whether you are truly a legit company with a true name like adam or atlas.


                      Starting your company with a D.......especially drains is a good move because it drops you down......gets you in a name that denotes your profession before your company alias to be known by.

                      You beat the competition because you're forcing the customer to name your company by the work you do.......which is unusual.......and makes you stand out against your competition.

                      At least that's my take on it if I was in the situation to start another company in the trade of plumbing systems.
                      LOL! I don't know about the catch phrase because I would probably frown if there was alot of brown, but I really like your theory!

                      Great. Now I have more to think about.

                      Thanks everyone for your input! You are awesome!
                      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

                      Plumbing Reviews

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Name for business

                        how about

                        plumber rick to the rescue



                        aaron knows what i'm talking about

                        rick.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Name for business

                          I have to be the clown and question what results simply using the acronym A.S.S. INC would yield.
                          You'd no doubt get alotta dirty looks from old ladies on the highway, but I have a synical feeling it would quickly get your name out there.

                          Notoriety, the key to fame.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Name for business

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            how about

                            plumber rick to the rescue



                            aaron knows what i'm talking about

                            rick.
                            I checked the Secretary Of State online and that name is already taken

                            Just kidding


                            Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            I have to be the clown and question what results simply using the acronym A.S.S. INC would yield.
                            You'd no doubt get alotta dirty looks from old ladies on the highway, but I have a synical feeling it would quickly get your name out there.

                            Notoriety, the key to fame.
                            The license plate that read "A.s.s.man" on a Seinfield episode comes to mind when I read that LOL!
                            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

                            Plumbing Reviews

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Name for business

                              Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              I have to be the clown and question what results simply using the acronym A.S.S. INC would yield.
                              You'd no doubt get alotta dirty looks from old ladies on the highway, but I have a synical feeling it would quickly get your name out there.

                              Notoriety, the key to fame.
                              I actually like it

                              mrs. wc
                              sigpic

                              Robert

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X