X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name for business

Since I'm very close to starting my drain cleaning business, I'm wondering what name is more "professional" in the eyes of other plumbers, drain cleaners and even what you think customers would think.

I didn't want to start a poll in case someone else had some other option to add.

Here are the choices that I thought of:

Atlas Drain Cleaning
    Atlas Sewer Service (I just noticed the abbreviation of the business would be A.S.S. LOL!)
    Aaron's Sewer Service (Abbreviation is also A.S.S.)
    Aaron's Drain Cleaning

Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Name for business

I would go with the Atlas Drain Cleaning. It gets you in the front of others alphabetically and you don't have to use your name. When I first started my plumbing business I just used my name as that was the name I got my license under. The problem I soon discovered was everyone who called asked for "Mark" regardless of what they wanted.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How about:

Atlas Sewer and Drain.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I would go with the Atlas Drain Cleaning. It gets you in the front of others alphabetically and you don't have to use your name. When I first started my plumbing business I just used my name as that was the name I got my license under. The problem I soon discovered was everyone who called asked for "Mark" regardless of what they wanted.

Mark
        Hmmmm.... I will probably be a one man crew, but I'm sure I would have some problems if I had my name in the business name.

Thanks for the input, Mark

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        How about:

Atlas Sewer and Drain.
        Genius! I'll have to consider that, too. Thanks
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Atlas Drain & Sewer-You can trust your plumbing in our hands
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Atlas Drain Cleaning of the choices given. i'd probably go with something like Atlas Drain Services as it gives leeway for other facets like inspection,etc. but then again my company name is SewerSnake.

finding/picking the best company name is a tough call. good luck with it and the new venture

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
              Hmmmm.... I will probably be a one man crew, but I'm sure I would have some problems if I had my name in the business name.

Thanks for the input, Mark
              Even as a one man shop if you have you wife or an answering service answering your call they will assume ever call you get is personal because they are asking for Aaron. You would likely get to know the AT&T sales people and what not really well.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                I won't be doing plumbing work, but I hope to start my own plumbing business within a few years if I feel like I can take on more work. Plus, I want to get my license, etc. before even sticking my fingers in that cookie jar

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Got one better:

DRAINS BY ATLAS INC.

"Where your brown never makes us frown"

When a customer sees the words or names of anything at the beginning of the alphabet...mainly A..

The customer knows what you're up to......whether you are truly a legit company with a true name like adam or atlas.

Starting your company with a D.......especially drains is a good move because it drops you down......gets you in a name that denotes your profession before your company alias to be known by.

You beat the competition because you're forcing the customer to name your company by the work you do.......which is unusual.......and makes you stand out against your competition.

At least that's my take on it if I was in the situation to start another company in the trade of plumbing systems.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Even as a one man shop if you have you wife or an answering service answering your call they will assume ever call you get is personal because they are asking for Aaron. You would likely get to know the AT&T sales people and what not really well.

Mark
                    Ah! Gotcha! Makes perfect sense. Thanks again, Mark

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      Atlas Drain Cleaning of the choices given. i'd probably go with something like Atlas Drain Services as it gives leeway for other facets like inspection,etc. but then again my company name is SewerSnake.

finding/picking the best company name is a tough call. good luck with it and the new venture

steve
                      Thanks, Steve. Very much appreciated

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Got one better:

DRAINS BY ATLAS INC.

"Where your brown never makes us frown"

When a customer sees the words or names of anything at the beginning of the alphabet...mainly A..

The customer knows what you're up to......whether you are truly a legit company with a true name like adam or atlas.

Starting your company with a D.......especially drains is a good move because it drops you down......gets you in a name that denotes your profession before your company alias to be known by.

You beat the competition because you're forcing the customer to name your company by the work you do.......which is unusual.......and makes you stand out against your competition.

At least that's my take on it if I was in the situation to start another company in the trade of plumbing systems.
                      LOL! I don't know about the catch phrase because I would probably frown if there was alot of brown, but I really like your theory!

Great. Now I have more to think about.

Thanks everyone for your input! You are awesome!

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

how about

plumber rick to the rescue

aaron knows what i'm talking about

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I have to be the clown and question what results simply using the acronym A.S.S. INC would yield.
                          You'd no doubt get alotta dirty looks from old ladies on the highway, but I have a synical feeling it would quickly get your name out there.

Notoriety, the key to fame.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            how about

plumber rick to the rescue

aaron knows what i'm talking about

rick.
                            I checked the Secretary Of State online and that name is already taken

Just kidding

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            I have to be the clown and question what results simply using the acronym A.S.S. INC would yield.
                            You'd no doubt get alotta dirty looks from old ladies on the highway, but I have a synical feeling it would quickly get your name out there.

The license plate that read "A.s.s.man" on a Seinfield episode comes to mind when I read that LOL!

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post

I actually like it

mrs. wc
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X