X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out new cable

I`m trying out a Dura cable with Nylon IC.
    As of right now I`m unsure if I like it or not. They gave me a deal so I thought I`d give it a shot. My last Ridgid cable only made it 3 months of HARD use before it looked like a snake laying on the ground.
    It`s the slow time of the season around here so it`s gonna be hard to tell. I`m gonna push it extra hard to see if I can over wind it. That's the biggest problem I have with the Ridgid cable. The inner core cable will not support over winding the cable and with a K-7500 it`s not hard to do .

I wanted their WIRE IC cable they wanted me to try this one first....
    Time will tell
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Trying out new cable

one of the things we'll be doing at the roundup is talking shop with the biggies had a chance a few weeks ago to speak with matt at the san diego road show. he definitely knows what we are looking for.

i would imagine we will be playing show and tell

along with jenga, laser tag, extreme lightning, rush hour

i guess i'll have to take the new toys for a ride

you'll have to wait your turn

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

well this was fast. this cable has only been in 15 sewers in 2 days. I think I want my money back. There was not even a root job in the 15 sewers.

Think I`ll go order another Ridgid cable 3 to 4 months is a hella lot better then 15 sewers.

Comment

i guess this a bad time to mention my Ridgid 15ft sectional cables (all normal wind) are over 2 years old. i've broken and bent augers and ground the teeth from cutters but have never trashed a cable ... yet

i'll go hide behind the couch now and wait for the yelling to end

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

How much do you want for the nylon innercore? Just the innercore, not the cable.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry about the early death of your cable Steve

BTW.. are you here tomorrow evening or getting her Thursday Morning.

Looking forward to meeting you at the roundup!

Josh

Comment

Josh we will not be making it. Ricks wife can fill you in on the why`s Maybe next time as I should have a lot of things behind me by then??????

I was really wanting to come up but the timming of everything is just so screwed up right now.

I think it`s wellers & coke time

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                i guess this a bad time to mention my Ridgid 15ft sectional cables (all normal wind) are over 2 years old. i've broken and bent augers and ground the teeth from cutters but have never trashed a cable ... yet

i'll go hide behind the couch now and wait for the yelling to end

steve
                funny part is you're running 7/8'' cable on a k-75 sectional if i remember right

same as my k-60

some guys will never get the hint

steve, we're already discussing a virgin islands roundup

first night and the fun has just begun

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

You must be rough on your cables thats why drums are crap get a sectional machine and join the real term.

Tony

Comment

With a sectional machine I would be spending to much time putting cables together and only be able to do 1/2 of what I do in a day....No Thanks

Not enough time in the day as it is, dont need to put anything else on my work load.
                    If I had to use a sectional machine I`d

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      With a sectional machine I would be spending to much time putting cables together and only be able to do 1/2 of what I do in a day....No Thanks

Not enough time in the day as it is, dont need to put anything else on my work load.
                      If I had to use a sectional machine I`d
                      so how much you get done with "down time" from a trashed cable? besides it really doesn't take that long tp hook/unhook a section. sorry but that's a lame excuse in my book..

Rick, if the hint is aimed at me, well after the camera and some other things get done i'll consider a 60, but just for 7/8s

you guys have a great time. really wish i was there

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I get allot done as I do all the rebuilds myself. Yesterday the motor shorted out 1/2 way through the day. I took it to the shop and broke it completely down and found the problem. Repaired the problem and was back to work in 1/2 an hour.

My customers are impressed with the fact that I don't have to hook/unhook a section of cable like the others around town.

Comment

Steve, so how many jobs has your current k7500 done? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

somewhere around 4320 in the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              somewhere around 4320 in the last 2 years.
                              That sounds like too much for one guy, even with a helper from time to time. Maybe you need another drain guy to take some of the workload for ya. I'm willing to relocate
                              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X