X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K39-af

On the box it says it cuts down work time by 15%. I wonder what that is compared to? Compared to a manual hand snake, I would say it cuts work time down by 75% or more!! This snake is awesome!! I was a little hesitate on buying an autofeed hand snake but I don't think I'll ever go back to a manual one.

Any word on if there is a possibility of having a model with a drop head on it in the future?
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: K39-af

Drop head cable is available for your unit.

Comment

i always remove my cables from the smaller machines/ k-39. this way they stay clean and dry. then i can choose what cable i want for the next job.

i rarely use a drop head cable. i typically just run a regular bulb head cable. if it goes up, then i will try again. sometimes running in reverse will get the cable to go down.

on a back to back, i typically will pull the trap and peek in with a flashlight to see where my bend goes.

i find that the drop head is too easy to destroy the leader.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The AF is a great snake I bought it because Rick said it was good and I had used my General topsnake for years but no Auto feed man I love this snake.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have been researching them and reading up on old posts.

In one thread I recall Rick saying for tough jobs he uses the K39c which has the non sliding chuck.

I am leaning to the K39c. I don't have all the money Rick does to own 7 of them.

Do you hear a motor wind down when you hit a hair clog or such?
          I am concerned about kinking a AF.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

With the AF model you can tell when you hit something really solid because your cable will start bowing out like it hit a brick wall, but its not so sudden that you would kink a cable.

Just my opinion. I have been able to go through a couple of nice sized hair clogs with ease and I just got this machine about a week ago. Maybe its beginner's luck
            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

i have the 39 with out the auto feed. so far (2 years) not problems.

yes, you can tell when you snag a good hair blockage. i try to feed just a little at a time so avoid overlapping or twisting the cable. i even pulled back roots from a bath sink with the 39. now that was like fishing for sharks with a fly rod

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
              X