plumber rick's new avatar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plumber rick's new avatar

Rick I have 4 planter drains to do in the next few weeks that havent been cleaned in over 40 years on an office building. There is 200` feet of 6" Clay that The K-7500 will do with out any problem. As soon as the new pump comes in they want the line cleaned.
    Come on over with that little K-60 and you take 100` and I`ll that the other 100` and I`ll bet you I`m done and loaded up before you are
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      I dont know, i wouldnt feel right charging my customers just to plunge their toilet
      I charge for a service call as Gas is not free now day`s

Comment

Nine times out out of ten I clear a toilet blockage with a plunger as they are normally blocked with toilet paper and other soft materials and I have no problem charging even if it takes me five minutes as I am a pro and that is what my customers expect me to have a solution to their problem with the least amount of mess.

Tony

Comment

I dont know, i wouldnt feel right charging my customers just to plunge their toilet
          Why not if you fix a problem they couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            I charge for a service call as Gas is not free now day`s

What i meant by that is, i cant go into someones house and just plunge a toilet. I have to Auger the toilet. If you want to call a fly by nighter that charges 20 bucks to plunge the toilet, then be my guest. They are calling a professional drain cleaning company when they are calling me, so i would feel stupid and embarrased to walk in there with a plunger

I will Auger the toilet and charge accordingly. I dont care if its to much toilet paper lodged in the hole, and it can be plunged.

I have to get paid my service, and gas sure, but just walking in there with a plunger I FEEL is unprofessional....Thats just how i feel.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

when they call, i always ask them if they tried plunging the toilet.

the problem is the plunger they use.

i don't charge a full call for 5 minutes of work. but i do charge them.

my $19 dollar plunger is not much different in cost than my $35 closet auger.

their not paying for the tool, they're paying for my time.

9 of 10 times it's just a common toilet stoppage. paper and waste. why use a snake that will scratch up the china if you don't need to?

the rubber boot only covers the bottom of the bowl.

when you get that micro down the toilet, see all the marks that are left by a closet auger. ever see wax come back on your auger?

installing a 4''x 3'' bowl wax on a 4'' flange will bring back wax or a piece of the horn.

if my plunger doesn't do it, my auger will get used. but that's a rarity.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I have 4 planter drains to do in the next few weeks that havent been cleaned in over 40 years on an office building. There is 200` feet of 6" Clay that The K-7500 will do with out any problem. As soon as the new pump comes in they want the line cleaned.
                Come on over with that little K-60 and you take 100` and I`ll that the other 100` and I`ll bet you I`m done and loaded up before you are
                even your k-7500 wouldn't stand a chance against my trailer jetter.

200' of 6'' in a planter full of roots and dirt is better suited to jet. how would you flush out the left behind dirt?

still waiting for the answer on my scenario 80-2'' planter drains. accessible by extension ladder. roots growing from opening into pipe.

drum is not the answer

and yes 3 other companies bid the job. and i was recommended by another plumber/ contractor who is all spartan

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;149775]don't know why anyone would use an auger on a simple plugged up toilet.

95% of pure toilet stoppages are easily cleared with a proper plunger. the other 5 % with auger or removal as something/ toy, phone has been flushed into the toilet.

why would i use an auger that scratches the interior of the toilet even if it's out of sight?

I remember there was a question on the masters test when I took it years ago. It was one of 3 service related questions on the test, it asked that you are called to a clogged toilet call and wanted to know what would you use FIRST to try and unclog the toilet. It gave 2 choices that made no sense and a plunger and a toilet auger. Correct answer....you guessed it, a plunger.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

but while we're talking new avatars, let me remind you what you forgot to win last week

rick.

I am still waiting for Josh to post the end results of all the times, this way everyone can have the real story, instead of just the end results
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

still waiting for the answer on my scenario 80-2'' planter drains. accessible by extension ladder. roots growing from opening into pipe.

rick.
                      well if the roots were growing from opening into pipe I would just use my hand and pull em out...duhhhhhhh

And as far as doing 2" lines, did you forget that I have more then just one machine....

Rick I am gonna use my jetter on the 6" but only after I use the K-7500 first.
                      Thats why I`m waiting on the new pump to be installed before I do the job
                      Their 2nd pit pump has stopped working and I dont want to flood out the pit.

Comment

well if the roots were growing from opening into pipe I would just use my hand and pull em out...duhhhhhhh

roots were cut flush by the landscaper when they dug out the planters. plus the roots will not pull out as there are intertwined into the fittings and other planter drains.

And as far as doing 2" lines, did you forget that I have more then just one machine....
                        a drum machine would never work. do a little experiment. put a cutter of your choice on your machine of choice and pull out 2' of cable. (normal distance from machine to opening) lock the cutter in a vice and turn it on.
                        run like hell as your cable stalls and snaps in a second. you have no control of a rotating drum when your 2' of cable stalls in the first 1' of pipe.

a sectional has a clutch and no overspin.i can eat away the roots like a hole saw in wood.

for all of us at the roundup, would anyone attempt the k-1500 board buster contest with a drum/ k7500 in the same set up?

Rick I am gonna use my jetter on the 6" but only after I use the K-7500 first.
                        Thats why I`m waiting on the new pump to be installed before I do the job
                        Their 2nd pit pump has stopped working and I dont want to flood out the pit.
                        i too jetted after snaking to wash all the debris and dirt away. plus washed out the planter concrete with a turbo nozzle.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          I am still waiting for Josh to post the end results of all the times, this way everyone can have the real story, instead of just the end results
                          be my guest as i know i finished second in at least 2 other events. possibly 3?

and second in the video contest.

team geritol for the win

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

[COLOR=red] a sectional has a clutch and no overspin
                            Really
                            This aint no drum machine tool

Comment

I almost forgot the Up-Date

Comment

Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...