Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What The Heck Happend Here

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Rick I have a hard time believing that even you are that slow at pipe and fittings....?

according to the contest i assembled the propress maze, lag bolts and pipe threading the fastest.

i know i can smoke you in your tinker toy erector setup.

my drum machines have a custom set up that is unique for overhead roof work. if your willing to pay for my set up, then we can talk.

i'll even make you a bet. i smoke you, you pay for my set up. you beat me and i give you the set up for free.

either way you win. you get a faster erector set for a good price or free.

$1000. should cover my time. plus air fare and hotel. unless you want to come out here. on you dime.

did you forget i have 5, 750-7500 drum machines. do you think i never did a roof job from the ground before.

i only had a helper when the other plumber i bailed out was there. on my jobs it's just me.

I mean yes, you use one of the slowest machines for main lines but there`s only one way I can think of sticking a pipe and a fitting together.

that's the problem, you can only think of 1 way. a plumber has many, many ways of sticking pipe together.

As far as loss of feel and torque you couldn't be more wrong. Feel is one of our senses just like hearing. If you can Hear you have Feel of what your machine is doing.

As far as torque there is no loss and I don't know where you come up with that one?????

lets see, 20-30' up the to the roof/ vent and then back down again.

with all your tinker toys. lots of friction and loss of power. the closer you're to the stoppage. the more torque you have on the cutter. why do you think the machine is only rated for 250' amount of cable.

physics 101.

BTW all, I was thinking about all the crying about how the K-7500 won the event... Anyone ever use a Machine before self-feeders??? I started on a drum (basket) machine back in the early 80`s that didn't have self-feed and that`s how you fed the cable down the line.
    I see nothing unfair about the way the event was won.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight
    for someone who never even showed up to the roundup. you should be the last person defending the challenge.

i purposely used the k-60 as i was it's main backer.

i knew in this particular set up, there was no way the k-60 could win.

just like i know there is no way the 7500 could do the k-1500 board buster contest.

now if you want to see how fast we can throw cable down a line great.

this challenge was not real drain cleaning contest. it was an exercise contest.

maybe next time we can wheel/ carry the machine across the field first and then snake the drain. this was closer to how fast we could wind up an extension cord.

when you spend the time and money to attend, then you can truly critique the event. being a backseat driver is not it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Why in the world do you feel this unhealthy need to defend yourself? Everyone knew you would do well at the Roundup but who could have guessed you would have done so well in so many different events. The facts speak for themselves and regardless of how many times you regurgitate them the facts are the facts.

Anyone can talk smack and it is much easier but less credible to talk smack when you have an empty scorecard. So stop defending yourself and revel in the fact that you walked the walk while others just talk the talk.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Rick
        There's a reason I was not at the event and if you don't understand it then I don't know what to tell ya.
        She comes first in my life, not some event. I have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in to her treatment with out INS and I`m not about to blow the deal so I can go to an event.

Nether here nor there why I was not at the event, there's always gonna be something that's unfair to someone. Thats life!
        Like I said back when I started my first year as a plumber I ran an old basket machine and you had to hand stuff the cable down the C/O or in and open hole that was knocked in the main line.
        It`s a no brainer
        You cant do that with a K-60 as the cable will fold over on ya. That's just another thing you cant do or just another limit of the K-60.
        Each tool has a place but in NO WAY is the K-60 gonna be able to do the Day to Day work that a sewer guy needs it to do. I`m not talking a plumber that does one or even 5 a week. I`m talking a guy that does it all day long!
        If you want to work from roof`s then that's ok by me but I rather do the job right and do it from a C/O as you get a much better clean from the ground. I install C/O`s all week long and that's just adds to the money at the end of the week.
        It comes down to the customers, What's best for them and how can I do it at a fair price and what makes em call me time after time. You would be shocked at how many call me just because I use a drum machine. Some of em think it`s something new as they have only seen the K-1500`s.
        I hear it all the time, "The last guy had to stick cable together" I like what makes me money and what does the best job on the task at hand. That why I have a trailer full of equipment.

Rick don't take all the ribbing to heart, you brought it on yourself with all the K-60 talk. I`m just having fun with it as you would be doing the same and you know \"IF" you would have put a kill on the K-7500.
        Now tell me you wouldn't have, I`m waiting
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

my drum machines have a custom set up that is unique for overhead roof work. if your willing to pay for my set up, then we can talk.

i'll even make you a bet. i smoke you, you pay for my set up. you beat me and i give you the set up for free.

either way you win. you get a faster erector set for a good price or free.

$1000. should cover my time. plus air fare and hotel. unless you want to come out here. on you dime.

did you forget i have 5, 750-7500 drum machines. do you think i never did a roof job from the ground before.

Not sure if I read this right, but that sounds like a challenge to me. Steve are you going to take that?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Are you putting gas on the fire

Boss say`s I gotta go to work, see ya later

Comment

Are you putting gas on the fire

Boss say`s I gotta go to work, see ya later
              Nuh uh, you get back here and defend yourself like a man.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ok

Rick how many sewers did you do to day?

I did 8 main lines 100 to 125` on all 8
                I did 2 sink lines
                I did 1 tub drain
                I did a locate and an estimate on a sewer replacement of 180`.

It`s the slow time of the season and this was a slow day so I thought I`d rib you some

You are a plumber that will do sewers "I give you a big hand for that"
                I am a plumber that sewers are my main line of work.
                You could most likely out plumb me any day with the drive you have but when it`s sewer time you just better stand back

Theres a reason I am the go to guy when all else fails around here

Comment

ok boys lets not get on each others nerves here on how much work each other did i a days time . we all have a job to do and have fun doing it .how many people did you make laugh to day i bet rick made more laugh then you
                  i bet he showed his cork in a bottle trick to more people then drains you cleaned
                  and lets not go to the coat hanger and a penny trick

do you all get my drift LOL
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Ok

That's actually pretty funny as trouble drains were our specialty as well and if I am not mistaken Rick is the go to guy in his neighborhood for troubled drains.

These post remind of when my oldest daughter first went off to a University. While in High School she was class president, school treasure, peer leader, taught MADD seminars, captain of the cheer leading squad and possessed about every award ever offered. When she arrived at college she realized every girl in every dorm room had done the same things.

It's tough to be the coolest kid on the floor when every kid is the coolest kid on the floor. My guess is in a couple more years Rick with catch up to me and before too long you will catch up to Rick. It's kind of like a natural progression.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I don't know because I`m happy where I am at. Really I am and no one believes me... I get asked it all the time "why do you play in the sewers"
                      I always just look up with a little crap splatter on my face and say "the money baby, the money"
                      My master plumber asked me what am I gonna do when he retires and I get my master card. I say I`m gonna be right here doing the same thing I`m doing now"
                      Rick will always be able to out plumb me as I dont keep up on the new stuff and dont like most of it anyway. I`m old school when connecting water pipes. "Dont like Pex, Pro press or Shark Bite"
                      I am a true turd herder to the fullest 100%

I love the smell of sewage build-up in the morning

Comment

I am sure Rick didn't do as many sewers as you today. But Hawk is right. He probably made more people laugh or roll their eyes today

All that really matters is you both like your jobs and have pride in your work. Who cares how you got it done as long as you got it done.

Wish circumstances were different and you could have made it to the roundup.

But PLEASE don't make me hear about this for another year just because you were not able to come this year.

Joey
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

another year,,,, Naw
                          I was only thinking 6 months....

Comment

Ok

Rick how many sewers did you do to day?

I did 8 main lines 100 to 125` on all 8
                            I did 2 sink lines
                            I did 1 tub drain
                            I did a locate and an estimate on a sewer replacement of 180`.

It`s the slow time of the season and this was a slow day so I thought I`d rib you some

You are a plumber that will do sewers "I give you a big hand for that"
                            I am a plumber that sewers are my main line of work.
                            You could most likely out plumb me any day with the drive you have but when it`s sewer time you just better stand back

with that trailer of your's, you wouldn't be able to drive and find parking at 8 jobs in a day here. we're not in kansas anymore

when i'm doing sewer cleaning at a complex. i typically catch 30-40 lines in a day. either snaking or jetting. without help and all cleaned up.

driving here is not like driving there.

bet you didn't get a tip and a bowl of baskin robbins ice cream like i did yesterday

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                              old septic tank with no exterior cleanout and with no way of snaking up to house from it
                              You've got a tank to work from? that's what I'd be trying. 'no way to go up from tank'?... why not? tank lid not over inlet line? for sure at least expose the tank lid and get a look at it; your problem may be downstream of the tank.

Sorry to swerve back on topic.....just can't help myself.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X