X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter hose length question

Hi guys. This is my first post but have been reading your great advice for a while... I need jetter help. I will be purchasing a jetter in the near future and what I'm wondering is if the jetter can use a longer hose length then what it comes with and if can use a larger size hose then what it comes with? Salesman says no, but i see less powerfull units with the capabilities I'm looking for . Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to jetting. Unit is 12gpm at 3000psi 350' of 3/8". I would like about 500' of 3/8" and 200-350' of 1/2" Is this at all possible?
    Last edited by NYSEWERMAN; 06-12-2008, 01:27 AM.

Re: Jetter hose length question

nysewerman,

a small jetter can't pull a large heavy hose.

what specs are you looking at?

gpm, psi, horsepower?

what size pipe are you looking to clean?

welcome and search some of the old threads for plenty of info.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NYSEWERMAN View Post
      Unit is 12gpm at 3000psi 350' of 3/8". I would like about 500' of 3/8" and 200-350' of 1/2" Is this at all possible?

that's what i'm looking for

500' of 3/8'' will really cut down on your pressure and volume delivered to the nozzle. lots will bypass to the tank.

200-350 of 1/2'' is no problem. i run 400' with those specs.

you're at a 27h.p. kawasaki water cooled? spartan trailer

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick i edited my post after realizing I left out specs. 12gpm 3000psi 27hp rated for 3-12" lines but will be used mainly on 3-8" lines. I've searched the old posts as well but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for. So much info here. Thanks. Anthony

Comment

I'm a step behind you rick! Your a step ahead, skid mounted though!

Comment

My new jetter is similar, its 13.2gpm @ 3000psi with 35HP engine. Ive got 600' of 1/2" hose with 1/2" Warthog. Ive got 300' of 1/2" double wire braid hose on an electric hose reel which connects to another portable hose reel with 300' of 1/2" Synflex hose

Comment

so I can run 400' of 1/2" hose with this jetter as well as the 250-350 of 3/8'' hose it comes with? Im setting this unit up in a truck used only for jetting so i want it to be as versitile as possible and have everything i need for jetting on this one truck. any suggestions for set would be appreciated

Comment

Well What size line? Are you running suburban with outside cleanouts? Or city working from inside? Length of run usually? Big hose gets caught up but flows really well small hose makes tight bends but robs the nozzle of needed GPM for a good clean. More info on your most needed jobs.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Most jobs are 4" sewer lines with sags and/or root intrusions and some grease lines .I'm in New York and we have house traps for access to sewer lines. The lines are genarally 4" cast sometimes clay. Some sewers 6-8'' and storm lines 3-12" . Usually cleanouts on commercial jobs and always supposed to be a trap. Typical suburban run is 50-75 feet but alot of hose can be used up getting to trap/cleanout and some sewers go out the back of the houses and through other yards.I intend to have 2 different hose reels for different jobs on the truck. Just wondering what are the max length hoses i can run without losing effectiveness.

Comment

Working...
                  X